Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.FM Wellness Challenges [January 2019 - Step Challenge] • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Dec 28, 2018.

1. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I was on vacation this past weekend and in warm weather and my friend and I went for walks and it was delightful. A little fresh air can do wonders.

Although this winter hasn't been too bad, its too dark and cold when I get home from work to go out and enjoy a walk. I need to make a point of doing so on the weekends when I can.

Matt Terry and Garrett L. like this.
  2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

i dont wanna do this

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. I couldn’t believe how badly I was doing then I saw this. Anyone else seeing this? I’ll manually add but it’s just buggy I guess.
    1BB58257-C970-4AC1-9FCF-C8DE9A36990E.png

4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

that's weird. Under the devices menu is everything set to Apple? In the health app go to Sources at the bottom and make sure inKin is set to read all the metrics.

5. Yeah everything seems to be in order. Weird.
    :shrug:

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

As expected, moving has killed this for me haha. I'll get better in March haha

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

How does one manually enter things?

8. dylan

You can only do it from the web portal unfortunately

inKin

9. CyberInferno Jan 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I just noticed the same thing for mine (though not for as many days, and I don’t have a shot anyway—though I’m still going to manually correct). And now we see why this app has such bad reviews lol. Oh well. No one’s fault.

David Parke likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Finally went back and fixed all my steps because it quit logging for a week.

11. dylan

Yeah, I just got a pop up today when i logged in that they're updating the app real soon so hopefully that stops it. I open the app once a day when i get home from the gym just to make sure it refreshes and syncs so i think it has problems background syncing.

We have collectively walked 2, 210,147 steps in 15 days!
    Current rankings after 2 weeks:

inkin1.png
    inkin2.png

12. CyberInferno

I always make sure to open my app after I come back from the gym to make sure it syncs too, and I still have that problem...

...oh wait, I haven't been to the gym this month. That's the problem.

13. Garrett

Hey Joe, what do you do for a living? Or is this all workout steps?

14. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

I am a teacher. My daily steps are are about half working out (walk/run) and half work/home life.

My steps are somewhat inflated this month because I was out of school the first week so I was able to run, walk the dog, walk my daughter to the park, and clean the house.

Garrett L. likes this.
  15. Garrett

Coming for ya Joe.

Work has been brutal this week.

16. dylan Jan 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2019)
    dylan

Keep at it everyone, the month is almost over! We have one week left. Go in and make sure you've got all your steps logged and next week we'll see who ends up winning. Right now it looks like it's going to be a close finish between @Mr. Dennis @Garrett L. . Below are the rankings.

upload_2019-1-25_9-25-14.png
    upload_2019-1-25_9-25-33.png

17. dylan

David Parke likes this.
  18. CyberInferno

My steps are going to go up. I just realized I haven't had any data tabulated between January 16 and January 22. I've also got some other days to correct. Ugh.

19. Man how this site isn’t mobile optimized is beyond me. I love everything about what they’re doing though. Very fun!
    6201C189-7061-4C11-BC18-9369703476A9.png B0418BEA-6B86-4DAC-82A9-62944D85C4C1.png

20. CyberInferno

I don't see the ability to add steps. I see BMI, bust size, chest size, cholesterol, food, hip size, sugar, waist size, and water.

21. dylan

Click on Metrics in the bottom left corner of the screen.
    On the Steps metric, change your device to Manual.
    Click on Manual Log in the bottom left corner of the screen.
    Set the Metric to Steps.
    Your step history will load underneath.
    You can edit each days log as needed
    You can also add data using the form at the top.
    Go back to Metrics
    On the Steps metric change your device back to what you were using.

22. CyberInferno

Thanks! Makes sense that I have to change the way steps are tabulated before you can manually set them.

I now have about half as many steps as the leaders. That makes more sense lol. I feel less like a sloth.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. Garrett

My furious comeback was nicely side-swiped by a cold.

Dirty Sanchez and CarpetElf like this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I am very behind haha. But watch out, come April it's over for you fools*

*fools = like two of you maybe

25. dylan

Last day! Get your steps y'all. I'll post the final results and total steps tomorrow and announce this month's winner (@Mr. Dennis).

Don't forget to sign up for February's calories burned challenge in the other thread. Anyone reading this who didn't compete in January can still compete in February! Check the other thread for how to join or quote/dm any questions.