Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.FM Wellness Challenges [February 2019 - Calories Burned Challenge]

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. dylan Jan 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 1, 2019)
    dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

2019 Chorus.FM Wellness Challenges
    With the new year, a lot of us will be setting wellness goals for the year. One of the best ways to make sure you keep up with and achieve your goals is through accountability. So, for 2019 we will be running monthly wellness challenges for anyone who wants to participate. This will allow us to work on our goals together through friendly competitions and to keep each other active, engaged, and accountable.

Current Challenge: February 2019 Challenge
    Dates: February 1 - 28, 2019
    Challenge: Calories Challenge
    Rules: Participant with the most calories burned at the end of the month is the winner.

How to Participate:
    Anyone can request to join at anytime during the year. Participants are not required to participate in every challenge, but are encouraged to do so! To request to join this month's challenge, go to
    inKin . I'll approve you once I receive the request.

Participants:
    1. @dylan

The Challenges:
    The challenges will be ran through inKin, which has both Apple and Android apps and an online web portal. inKin allows participants to use a multitude of fitness tracker devices and apps to log their progress and various metrics related to the competitions and wellness goals. Participants who do not have a tracker device or use an app not supported by inKin can still manually enter their metrics into the web portal, so if you don't see your device or app supported, you can still participate!

We will have a different challenge each month for the year. This allows all sorts of participants with different wellness goals, activity levels, and abilities to participate. You might do better during some challenges than you do others, but the most important part is that you're working towards your wellness goals.

The metrics available for challenges are Steps, Distance, Calories Burned, and Activity Time. These four metrics are tracked based on your fitness device/app or your manual entry. Challenge rules state that the person with the highest result at the end of the challenge is the winner. So for the challenges the person with the most steps, highest total distance, most calories burned, or highest cumulative activity time logged is the winner.

Schedule:
    Below is the schedule for the year (subject to change based on participants' desire).
    January:
    Steps
    February: Calories Burned
    March: Activity Time
    April: Distance
    May: Steps
    June: Calories Burned
    July: Activity Time
    August: Distance
    September: Steps
    October: Distance
    November: Activity Time
    December: Calories Burned

Winner:
    The winner of each month will get a $10 gift card from the merchant of their choice from me once the winner has been verified by inKin. In the event that I win, the $10 will be rolled over into the next months challenge until someone else wins and then the prize will reset to $10 for the following month's challenge again.

Previous Challenge Winners:
    January: @Mr. Dennis

David Parke and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  2. dylan

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Friggin activity app set my new cal move goal to 1070 today.

GrantCloud and David Parke like this.
  5. Manually updated my missed-steps today. I gained a whole spot on the leaderboard! Haha

6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

As pathetic as this sounds work has become too chaotic for me to focus on my physical health AND work AND finish classes AND pick my guitar back up. Hopefully next month is less busy so I can hop back in the ring.

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. dylan

Take care of yourself, bud! We'll see you in March!

Dirty Sanchez and Fucking Dustin like this.
  8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So you have time for wonderwall got it

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. terps12

Regular

How do I find this one on inKin? I was in the January challenge. Woo 4th place!

10. dylan

On the app? It should be showing on the Chorus.fm community page. It's also under contests tab, then filter to current challenge. The link is also up in the OP

11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This is a really cool idea. I've been struggling for motivation this winter and this will hopefully help. Thanks for organizing @dylan !

12. 26k calories burned in 8 days?!? What?? How?!

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah some people use fitbits which I guess accounts for all total cals for the day, not just active calories.

Going to have to type my calories in manually this month, sigh.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh I need to stop being lazy and figure out my password to sign back in

David Parke and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

This has done a good job of motivating me to get to the gym after work. Sometimes that feels like a feat in the winter.

David Parke likes this.
  16. terps12

Regular

Sanchez, just out of curiosity -- what do you do for exercise? I thought I was pretty active (I do cardio 5-6x a week) but you crushed me when you entered your calories the other day.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I use an arctrainer on max resistance for about an hour a day. Then about 20 mins of lifting a day.

18. terps12

Regular

Damn, I need to up my game...

19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Subbing so I can join in next month

20. dylan

Wow I fell off this challenge this month haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard. I suck.

I've created the March Challenge. and the thread will be created here in a moment. Make sure you get everything synced and updated on the app so we see who wins.

This challenge was a little bit more difficult to do since different trackers can have wildly different ways of calculating total vs active calories. We might remove this one from the rotation because of that.

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, remove.

22. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah I agree with removing it

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I put in effort don't be a coward Dylan

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  24. Had a death in the family. Will manually log what I can. My year will just be logging for the foreseeable future.

25. dylan

David Parke likes this.