Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NCAA Basketball Thread Basketball • Page 159

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. (Calderón just butt checked a man in the back court in the Laker/Cavs game.) ;-)

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

how many guys has he tripped with his feet intentionally in the last two years? you have to add that stat in too

3. Not really, since I was told it's a thing that "never happens." And not something that happens in many, many, many games. The absurdity of the actual "flagrant 1" is tertiary to the well documented occurrence.

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

my point is more that i can't wait for grayson allen to be gone so i don't have to deal with this shit lol

RuckerPark likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

airik625 and BirdPerson like this.
  6. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

damn uva is really gonna win it all, huh

bradsonemanband and RuckerPark like this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i wouldn't hate that, to be perfectly honest.

8. I wish I had more faith in that UVA team. But they let me down every damn year in the tourney. I am always so excited for the defense, and then get sad.

scottlechowicz and BirdPerson like this.
  9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

so true it hurts

my wallet every year when they lose early

10. primavera

don't doubt ty jerome

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. domotime2 Mar 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2018)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i am fucking livid. just got home from work. this is the absolute WORST job the committee has EVER done. This isn't about just one team geting screwed, it's a BUNCH of teams that got screwed. I couldn't be more upset at how things unfolded....from the absolute garbage way of unveiling the teams... to the teams we got.

Finish under .500 in your conference? Committee doesnt care.
    Lose in the 1st round in your tournament? Committee doesn't care (unless you're a mid major...then they care a lot).
    Go to the finals of your conference tournament? Committee doesnt care.

What the committee told me is that after Arizona State beat Xavier/Kansas, they could've rested their players all season because they were in after that.

AND ST Bonnie is in the play-in game!?!? amazing. im so mad right now

edit; i just found out that Notre fuking DAME was the team that got screwed cause of Davidson?! lmao hahahaha WHAT!?!!

12. primavera

this is march

hahahaha

RuckerPark likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

USC deserves to be in

I don't think that Syracuse or Oklahoma does

Other than that, there wasn't any HUGE "mess ups" if I am being totally honest

BirdPerson and RuckerPark like this.
  14. primavera

thank u basketball gods for proving me to be more and more right every week when i said uva was the rightful 1 seed a month ago

15. domotime2

Arizona State.

The rewarded so much mediocrity in power conferences and said screw you to st Mary's and mtsu. I'm under the belief that mtsu doesn't make it even if they don't lose to southern miss and that's crazy.

If much rather take a 28 win team that pulled off a few okay wins and was able to do enough damage with the schedule given to them then these power conferences who get millions of opportunities and still only win half the time.

I agree with the mid major coaches....clearly it's very hard for st marys to convince power teams to play them...so what are they supposed to do.

It's small things too like st bonnies in the play in game...and none of the big12 or sec crap teams have to play them. And the entire disregard of What happens in conference tournaments infuriates me year after year. Seriously abandon champ week please. So unbelievably useless

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

St. Mary's had something like 3 top 100 wins....that isn't good. I also was reading Parrish last night that they turned down 2-3 other OOC games with tournament teams for whatever reason

17. domotime2

But how many "quadrant 1 wins" you have shouldnt be the only metric. Like I said in my first rant...so after Arizona State beat Kansas and Xavier they realistically should have just rested their players for the rest of the season cause clearly their job was done.

Regular season record, road record, conference record, sos, bad losses, and like vitale says "common sense" are all things that shpuld be considered.

A teams fate should not be sealed as soon as their schedule is released.

Unless we are deciding the a10 and wcc are just as bad as the swac.

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Already seeing people shitting on Bonas for even getting in. Do teams like Xavier need to come back to the conference for people to take it seriously?

Again, fun fact, Jim Boeheim won't go to the Reilly Center anymore.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Someone tell me about Ghost Stories. I know nothing. Is it out?

20. He looks in better shape than I've ever seen him :-O

21. :eyes:

22. :eyes:

23. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

Is there a way to mute someone...but only in a specific thread? O:-)

RuckerPark and xbrokendownx like this.
  24. primavera

why the fuck hasn’t wisconsin fired Gard yet