Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Venom’ Sequel Moves Forward

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A sequel to Venom, which made a truckload of money, is in the works:

Following box office smash “Venom,” Sony Pictures is putting the wheels in motion for a sequel to the antihero adventure. The studio has tapped Kelly Marcel, one of the screenwriters from the first movie, to pen the script.

Sources close to the negotiation tell Variety that, although an exact amount couldn’t be unveiled, Marcel’s deal was a significant one. She will also executive produce the follow-up, which will see Tom Hardy return as the eponymous symbiote. Marcel was also a producer on the first pic.

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like Fleischer might not return

3. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

I really like Woody Harrelson but would rather they got someone else for Carnage.

4. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed the first one a great deal more than reviews had me believing!

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I still can't believe how much I actually loved this movie. I went in with the lowest expectations and had such a blast. It also saved me from going nuts while working overtime to get a report out the week before christmas.

6. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Well I guess it actually was successful. I hated it but hey maybe number 2 will be an improvement.