Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Simpsons’ Composer Fired

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alf Clausen, the composer for almost all of the episodes of The Simpsons, has been fired. Variety reports:

Two-time Emmy winner Alf Clausen has been fired from “The Simpsons” after 27 years of providing music for Bart, Lisa, and company.

Clausen told Variety that he received a call from “Simpsons” producer Richard Sakai that the company was seeking “a different kind of music” and that he would no longer be scoring the longtime Fox hit.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Seems like a shitty thing to do but I'm sure he can retire comfortably now. Wonder if he'll still get a check for syndication airing or if FOX owns all the music...

4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

It's crazy there are now almost twice as many bad Simpsons seasons are there are good ones. Who still watches the show?

Raku and fenway89 like this.
  5. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Simpsons have been garbage for a while now, they're just trying desperately to stay relevant and trendy to keep the show alive. To think they used to be a biting commentary on American consumerism.

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I can understand wanting a new direction, but don't they owe this guy enough respect to see if he can provide that? Pretty disrespectful after that kind of dedication from him.

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious