Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Stranger Things’ Officially Renewed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

They've also renewed Mindhunter for a second season, and I'm really thrilled about it.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Thank God.

Larry David and Raku like this.
  4. backbynewyears

In other news, water is wet.

5. CMilliken

Trusted

Larry David likes this.
  6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I think I read somewhere that the Duffer brothers said the story won't last longer than four seasons.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This makes me happy. As much as I love this series, I’d hate for them to overdo it, rather than quitting while their ahead.

Larry David and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Can’t see how this goes for another season at all. Season 2 was prettttttttty meh if you ask me.

suicidesaints likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I hope they adjust to the kids getting older well

Raku likes this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

I remember them saying 4 or 5 seasons. I want whatever works, but I feel like 5 would be the magic number where they can still tell a tight story without it being too short.

Raku likes this.
  11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I honestly don’t know how confident I am they’ll end it as early as they say they’re going to end it, but I have no reason to think that other than how popular it is

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't it originally supposed to be one and done?

13. Serenity Now

That would have been the wise choice. Seems like this series will be another that falls victim to choosing longevity at the cost of quality.

Bloodsucker II and suicidesaints like this.
  14. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I feel like after 3/4 seasons they'd have to change the formula as the cast gets older. A lot of the charm of the show for me is that it's these young kids on an adventure, which will be mostly lost on me as they age.

Raku and Bloodsucker II like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm OK with them rounding it out with a 3rd and final season but that has to be it at least for this storyline. i can see this show getting very bad very quick if they try to force this into 5-6 seasons.

would love to see this go the route of like true detective/american horror, like give us different stories a new characters. are the duffer bros exclusively tied to this or can other directors/writers come in and take over with new material?

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

3 would be an ideal number to end it on, but in no way was 2 bad. Like, at all lol. Noah Schnapp's performance in particular was absolutely phenomenal imo.

coleslawed and slimfenix182 like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah agreed that 2 was fantastic

Raku likes this.
  18. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

You guys don't even know where they're planning to take the story how can you say how long it should be?

slimfenix182 and Raku like this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

we're saying they should end it sooner rather than later because every show ever declines in quality the longer it goes on. As for what season should be the the last, thats just people stating personal preference.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

From interviews, they seem to have a decent idea where this show is going so I'm not too worried about the show getting bloated whether or not they cap it off at 4 or 5 seasons. Plus, this isn't Lost where it's like 20 episodes a season and a million plates spinning at once storywise.

21. Serenity Now

Meh, to each their own. I tend to align with this review:

Entertainment Weekly: The cast remains full of delightful performers, but they sprawl in different directions, many of them boring.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog Dec 3, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

lmao, I can't believe I've never seen you post on here, but shout out to your name and avatar. Frank is the greatest, he's so pure. My handle on other stuff throughout the years has been "Faraday."

coleslawed, fenway89 and Lucas27 like this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Entertainment Weekly? More like Entertainment Weakly. Cause dat opinion is weeeeaaaak.

(Lol. I actually understand what they're saying, just had to say that.)

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It isn't as good a s 1, but the only part in the whole of 2 I found boring was ep7 (which was genuinely awful to me). Every character was doing something necessary to advance the overall plot imo, so characters like Jonathan & Nancy perhaps seemed more boring as they were less involved in the action than they were in 1.

Raku likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

I posted it in the main thread, but this review does a pretty good job at summarizing most of my thoughts on this season. Overall, I think season two does some things that are really great, while also managing to do things that are genuinely bad, leaving me feeling pretty lukewarm about the season as a whole.

Did ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Live Up to Expectations?