Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal Oct 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2017)
    Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Watching episode 5 now and I got a kick out of Sean Astin’s “looking for pirate treasure” line

coleslawed, RobbieBerns and fenway89 like this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked episode 7. I understand why people would be put off by it though.

Preserved Moose and fenway89 like this.
  3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Just thinking now, we needed a scene where Billy wakes up after being passed out at the Byers where he opens the fridge and the dead demadog flops into his face

4. Kennedy Oct 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2017)
    Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The reason I hated episode 7 is because it had me worried of what direction El was going to take. I didn’t want the show to become some X-Men thing where gifted people are coming together and fighting for their rights. So when that episode happened I was just like oh no where is this going. In retrospect i Know now that I had nothing to worry about, but at the time I didn’t enjoy it at all. Besides that I feel like it really takes you out of the main story too much.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Looking back at the chapter titles released last year, looks like they changed a lot: Unpacking the 'Stranger Things' Season 2 Chapter Titles | Inverse

Lost Sister was Lost Brother, the Palace seems to refer to something they removed entirely, the rest are at least things mentioned in the story. Also this reminded me that Mike had a baby sister totally gone from this season.

7. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

So i thought this season was entertaining, but honestly, it felt like there was very little plot development and we've barely advanced past last season. I also am nervous about next season as I hated The Lost Sister episode and was relieved to find it was just a quick detour (so far) rather than a new arc, and I am sure we'll get more of that later.. I also thought the ending was pretty weak. Knowing in advance that there are more seasons, I felt they could have left more dangling threads. It seemed to wrap up far too neatly for a story that is apparently going to continue for 2 more seasons.

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This season was very much about the plot serving the characters and their individual arcs.

Not that a show can’t do both... but it clearly was not the main drive for this season. What they wanted to do, they did incredibly well.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Just finished. Zero complaints, even episode 7. Steve is the GOAT

zigbigwig and Preserved Moose like this.
  10. i liked it a lot!

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I liked Sean Astin in this. No complaints on the season. I did fall asleep during episode 7 but that was mainly because I watched 1-5 late Friday night and woke up early Saturday morning.

fenway89 and theagentcoma like this.
  12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've done nothing but eat and breathe this show for the past 60 hours or so

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

One episode deep, enjoying so far!

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Kennedy

this bolded portion is how i feel about that too

15. Kennedy

i really did love this season. i thought it was so much fun. episode 7 was my only gripe. other than that it was awesome. i cant wait to watch it again in the coming weeks so i can take it all in again. i stayed up till 4am the first night and got to episode 6, then the next night stayed up till 2 finishing it... so i was pretty tired. looking forward to another run though.

All the kids were awesome still. its funny though, Dustin is hilarious but i wanted to slap him when he was hiding the Demigorgan. Haters piss off, Mike and El is the cutest thing ever. my heart about busted out of my chest when they finally met up. Lucas and Max is awesome too.

I liked Rider a lot more in this season. she was too hysterical for me in season one. but she was awesome this time around. Samwise was dope because i was pre sure he was bad at first because i just did.

Hop is the man. Steve is the man. Jonathan fell a couple notches for me, and i feel like Nancy didnt really progress as a character. Kinda weird they had sex and then it was just never really mentioned again after that and nothing else romantic ever happened.

as long as this show doesnt turn into an Xmen / Heroes thing i will continue to adore it. no more episode 7.

fenway89 and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean Eleven has been basically an X-Man the whole time lol. I'm not worried about it turning into that kind of show

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, isn't the character even inspired by Jean Grey/Phoenix?

jordalsh and fenway89 like this.
  18. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Just finished it. Absolutely loved it. Aside from the storyline stuff it was also beautifully shot and had an awesome soundtrack.

fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Just watched episode 7 and I don’t understand the polarization I’ve heard about in the last two days. Is it because it’s a bottle episode taking place out of Hawkins? I’ve seen enough drama series that do bottle episodes that this didn’t phase me. If anything it was great character development for Eleven.

coleslawed, Joe4th, fenway89 and 7 others like this.
  20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This season was right on par with the first for me. Incredible show.

KennedyBN and ship90 like this.
  21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Oh, come on. It being polarizing makes total sense. I mostly fall in the positive side of it, but I totally get why people found that to be a massive waste of time, especially with what was going on with the main story.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Really, really loved how strongly they wrapped this up. I had a lump in my throat for the duration of episode 8.

Dustin was 100% the biggest misstep of the season, as a character. His swearing literally took me out of multiple scenes, it was so jarring.

While episode 7 was a dud, I think the character development we saw with 11 was significant, so I hold minimal gripes.

All the character dynamics and arc work they clearly put the focus on paid off. Hit it out of the park, made a hole in one, and other related sports games metaphors or analogies.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Agreed, but it admittedly felt tonally out of place. Maybe the writing wasnt as strong as the rest

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, I'm only a few eps in and he's pissing me off a lot. Lots of dumb choices and yeah he's just swearing left and right for no reason lol it's just weird

25. Swearing like a middle schooler ...

Robk, SpyKi, coleslawed and 11 others like this.