Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Is a Sequel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter:

[T]he feature-length movie will be a sequel revolving around Aaron Paul, who will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jesse Pinkman. Sources also confirm that Netflix will have first-run rights to the top-secret project, which will then air on AMC. (Representatives for AMC, Netflix and producers Sony Pictures TV all declined to comment.)

2. bodkins

Trusted

Fuck yes.

3. defmytones

Regular

CANT. WAIT.

Small Prediction: The black and white openings for “Better Call Saul” will eventually lead to a scene with Jesse and Saul, probably in its last season whenever that happens. Which will lead into the movie. Those scene HAVE to be building to something big.

4. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Honestly, I think this next season of BCS should be the last one (and I love the show.)

Pepetito, pbueddi, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

[​IMG]

6. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

yeah bitch!

Mary V, Jonathan, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  7. bodkins

Trusted

[​IMG]
    Not related to news at all I'm just thinking of my favorite Jesse moments. (also trying out new site features)

hongfong00 likes this.
  8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Just jesse would be sweet but i think walter needs to be dead.

Arry likes this.
  9. defmytones

Regular

I mean, cops showed up right when he "died". It's not impossible to think they could've rushed him to a hospital or such and kept him alive. If there's any show I'd trust to do something like that and with reason, it'd be this. Vince Gilligan is a genius and wouldn't keep him alive unless there's a specific/meaningful purpose.

Raku and AsfAstAswegofar like this.
  10. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I always thought Walter might have made it, I know...I know... Still, I think Gilligan could find a way to do it without it being cheesy or cliche.

11. Walt's dead.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Will prolly watch but the last season of breaking bad really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

Jesse goes to Alaska right? He will be at war against the Eskimo cartel.

14. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Wow, very cool.~

15. Yeah, not the last season in its entirety, but the few post-Ozymandias episodes retroactively made me like the show less. Idk, it's been years since I finished it, and I feel weird being a contrarian who didn't appreciate the finale as much as everyone else lol

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Walt Jr storyline please and thanks

17. zachmacD

Trusted

Could you elaborate what made you like the show less? No judgement, just generally curious

18. Ska Senanake

Trusted

True

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Not the og but I've always stated that everything from Cabin Walt to the end feels like an epilogue and the show really, in a cohesive manner, thematically ended there. But that's just me. My friends do not agree hah

Essie likes this.
  20. zachmacD

Trusted

I can see that. I think the last episode made up for all of that to me. Seeing all of those bikers/nazis get massacred was so satisfying haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. I might be a bit too hyperbolic, but it's such a plot centric show, that knowing what happens in those last few episodes doesn't make me want to rewatch it.

I wasn't a fan of S5 as a whole either, and the nazis were so underdeveloped that they acted more like a distraction and a caricature than real villains. I thought the ending was too grim for Jesse, while Walt deserved a way worse outcome after ruining his family, Jesse, and many other lives. His death at the very end makes sense, but didn't feel satisfying for me as it redeems him a bit too much.

It's still one of the most entertaining shows I've had the pleasure to watch. I just think it peaked with S4 and Walt/Gus's showdown.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter