Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Breaking Bad is an American crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. The show originally aired on the AMC network for five seasons, from January 20, 2008, to September 29, 2013. It tells the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer, who, together with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), turns to a life of crime, producing and selling crystallized methamphetamine to secure his family's financial future before he dies, while dealing with various drug lords and opposition. The title is from a Southern colloquialism meaning to "raise hell". Breaking Bad is set and was filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

I might rewatch this for the third time.

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I did my first rewatch recently and I appreciated Skyler so much more. She had to put up with so much shit.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

agreed lol. Selfish W.W.

5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Definitely need to watch this again ASAP

6. Rewatched this while living in ABQ. Couldn't ask for a better viewing experience hah. Driving by the carwash, where Walt gets picked up by "vacuum repair man," the Dog House... it's surreal.

oldjersey and airik625 like this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  8. Yeah I'm about due for a rewatch myself. Still my favorite show.

a nice person, oldjersey and airik625 like this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah baby

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Gonna get my girlfriend started on BB for the first time soon. I need to contain my complete nerdom while viewing. Probably won't.

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

wife and i are in the middle of a rewatch. about to start the gus arc. i forgot how brilliant this was...

walt is such a dick tho

12. airik625

Walt and Jesse's ever changing relationship is one of the most frustrating things ever.

13. I can see that. It doesn't bother me though, mostly because Jesse has blinders on when it comes to Walt. Just like any bad relationship, Jesse can't see it from the outside in. That's why Jesse can turn against Walt (rightfully so), then get back on his side. On the flip side, I find it kind of silly that Hank is always right and Gomez is always wrong. Pretty much 100% of the time.

"Heisenberg is still out there."
    "We caught him."

"Gus is the kingpin."
    "No way, bro."

"This Lydia seems like trouble."
    "She's not the type."

I'm still impressed by how Jesse won over both Mike and Gus. The show was never as strong as it was with Gus around.

airik625 likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah i've never seen a character get so manipulated in a tv show like Jesse did. Yeesh.

Adrian Villagomez and airik625 like this.
  15. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I feel like everyone who thought Skyler was just a cliché buzzkill-wife-type character just didn't get why she was important.

16. Morrissey

Trusted

[​IMG]

17. airik625

HAHA

18. Rewatching the final season, the Jesse plotline in the final few episodes feels off. Maybe "rushed" is the word I'm looking for. Or "overly cruel." I dunno.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  19. Now can someone post those gifs that show Walt and Jesse when they first met at Jesse's house, the same way they looked at each other in the final episode?

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The epiphany he has with the ricin is so brutal. Those last few minutes of that episode was such a rush.

21. Yeah, that was good. I'm talking specifically about the kidnapping by neo Nazis.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ahhh yes yes, those lovely chaps.

23. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Loved the scene in Zootopia directly referencing Breaking Bad. I was rolling.

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

My step-dad, who like most parents is behind on the times, calls me last night and says, "have you ever heard of Breaking Bad? It's an amazing show! I've been watching it all day, you gotta see this!"

25. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

just finished season 2 with the plane crash. gut wrenching for the dad.