Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trailer Released for ‘The Dark Tower’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Seriously hope they do this justice... But it already seems like they've changed a lot based on the trailer

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't read the books yet, but this trailer looks cool.

4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Love these books, love the casting, but this looks absolutely bland as all hell. I don't know what the proper way to execute a sprawling series such as this would be, but I have a feeling this is about to get Watchmen'd. Seriously hope I'm wrong.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This is supposed to be the launch of a series, so this is supposed to just be an intro, with Eddie and Susannah to be introduced later.

Also it's not actually an adaptation, but a sequel picking up at the end of the series where Roland starts his loop over. Except this time he has the horn of eld, signifying that Roland is ready to be redeemed and the movies will most likely have a definitive ending. That's at least part of why it looks kinda weird

Very nervously excited for this. Like probably the most nervous I've been about a movie in a long time.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

If that spoiler is the case I'm a hundred times more optimistic. Haven't heard that

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Also the age of this tweet reminded me that we were originally supposed to be getting this movie in January... damn.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

That's interesting. For all I've followed about the production, I hadn't come across that.

What's causing trepidation for me is the marketing attempts to make it look like a run-of-the-mill blockbuster with slo-mo action and beams in the sky. I always pictured this looking more like The Proposition with supernatural elements. But I knew that could never actually happen haha.