Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zombieland: Double Tap (Ruben Fleischer, October 18, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

too bad she got a paycheck and more exposure for being on that film. fuck her

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

She's the fucking wooooorsssstttttt.

3. 333 GANG

ACAB

I had an absolute blast with this. Fun as hell.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

had a lot of fun with this :shrug: it was basically exactly what I expected but the nostalgia rush was nice

TJ Wells and 333 GANG like this.
  7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i have no idea who that is

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

be glad

TJ Wells likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

You’ll need all of 30 seconds of this video to get the jist of one of the many reasons she’s annoying. One of the many depressing Youtube film critics out there.

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Never heard of this lady either — which one was she at the end?

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

one of the people interviewing bill murray

also, she's not just a terrible "critic", she's lied in the past about Kathleen Kennedy being fired/replaced. and she's got some weird ass vendetta against jessica chastain. plenty of other bullshit too. worst part is she has a sizable following who'll eat all her shit up

Zilla likes this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That anyone actively seeks out her content is mind-blowing to me, the delivery is like nails on a chalkboard.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. smoke4thecaper

Welp, I barely made it 30 seconds into one of her videos. Obnoxious right out the gate. Wish I had just kept my ignorance alive haha. She must have been a blip in the movie, bc I don’t recall seeing her get Murray’d.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I find most of the big YouTube critics (Jahns, Gracie, sometimes Stuckmann) are so up their ass and annoying that it bums me out when I see how many followers they have.

15. smoke4thecaper

Idk, I really like Stuckmann. He genuinely cares about the craft and I typically agree with his perspective. Jahns annoys me with how he edits his videos, reviews trailers, etc. Those are honestly the only two YT critics I’ve watched.

16. Serh Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Stuckmann seems like a decent enough person. Agreed that he clearly cares deeply about films, filmmaking and film criticism. And I appreciate that he at least TRIES to go in depth with his reviews as well as occasionally checking out more obscure (relative to what youtubers cover) movies. But man, a lot of his reviews are the most unchallenging, pedestrian-level shit ever. And he's still way better than the other two

Not even mad at him, it just sucks that THIS is what those who go on YT seem to want, that that's what gets over a million subscribers. Meanwhile, Double Toasted and Breakfast All Day get less than a tenth of that, if even

Zilla likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yes to Double Toasted and Breakfast All Day. Filmjoy and Mikey Loves Movies do a lot of great work too.

Stuckmann is okay sometimes. He thankfully has gotten away from inserting his short films into the beginning of his reviews. But his reviews are often super bland and he's been falling into the traps, like Jahns, of focusing on other critics or controversies and brag about how he's not giving into PC culture, etc. etc. when all I want is a review of the movie. It's super off putting.

18. Nerdwriter is the best, although he does analyses rather than actual reviews.

As far as reviews for new movies, I kind just watch the RLM guys if they do one (and I have time) or Mark Kermode since his reviews are short and to the point. Jenny Nicholson is good if you have the time since her vids are usually pretty long.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll be that guy and say I'm a fan of written reviews

Slangster, Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. Written reviews are usually best. Video reviews are easier because you can throw them on in the background while you do other stuff, but I try to read a couple written ones from writers I know.

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I'd rather skim through a written review quickly instead of listening to some random youtuber with no social skills drone on and on for 30 minutes haha. Not calling out any one particular reviewer though, just in general.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah as far as YouTube goes, I prefer essayists like EFAP or Kogonada to “critics.”

michael_gatto likes this.
  23. michael_gatto

Trusted

Love Kogonada, he also made one of the best films of the last few years so I trust his word.

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

nostalgia critic should be dunked on as well, for reasons that also go beyond shit reviews