Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zech Pluister of Sleep on It Accused of Misconduct • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Katie Osborne

No you did in you’re “warning” to me in my notifications.

2. I didn't give you a warning.

3. Katie Osborne

Look, I’m not disagreeing with you guys that this guy is an asshole. But at the end of the day, he didn’t do anything illegal. You guys want perfection, and it doesn’t exist. But by all mean, go out there and save the world!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  4. That was me and I said what I said: if this person's chronic cheating gave their partner STIs, that means they were having unprotected sex elsewhere and not disclosing. That invalidates consent. That is assault.

Thanks for playing. Don't you have someplace else you could be spreading the groundbreaking gospel of apathy?

Oh, and legality=/=morality.

5. Katie Osborne

6. Lorde help us all if the only options are "perfection" and "treating other humans like dirt".

Y'all can live how you want, but I honestly don't see what you get out of shitting on others for wanting better.

Unfollowing this thread now.

7. "Not doing anything illegal" isn't the bar (for most non sociopaths) where I think someone has done something morally, or ethically, wrong. Also, you're not actually correct here. Some states do require you to tell someone if you have an STD, including New York and California (and the charges range from felony to misdemeanor), and virtually every state would (and has) allowed civil penalties for those that don't.

Transmitting an STD: Criminal Laws & Penalties
    Criminal transmission of an STD crimes commonly encompass different types of diseases. Though state laws differ, they typically include both HIV as well as other communicable or contagious sexually transmitted diseases. Some state laws list the individual diseases covered by name, while others use more general language that includes any type of communicable or sexually transmitted disease. Also, some states limit these crimes to the transmission of HIV, while others include HIV as one of the diseases covered by the law; yet others provide for additional penalties if the transmitted disease is HIV.

And, lastly, I've never once called for perfection from anyone. Never thought it, never written it, never said it.

tyramail likes this.
  8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Perfection isn’t what we’re asking and if you’re taking it as such, that is on you.

9. Katie Osborne

So you were there? You have all the info detective?

10. Katie Osborne

Did he transmit HIV? Or anything permanent? Doesn’t sound like it.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This is such an awful way to look at situations like this. Just because people experience shitty relationships means they have to just shut up and deal with it because “that’s life”? They can’t speak out about it to show others that hey, this person is abusive and should not be trusted/be around other women? I can’t believe this is the argument you are presenting. It’s really disheartening to see situations of abuse discredited as just part or life.

12. Is your thing to just change the goal posts another ten yards with every post you make? You've gone from "he did nothing wrong" to "he did nothing illegal" to "was it HIV!??!" -- seriously, are you an actual sociopath or do you just play one online? This is deranged shit.

SuNDaYSTaR, tyramail and Zoshchenko like this.
  13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

You’re one of those “I’ve been hurt so others deserve to be hurt too” kinds I imagine. Maybe try “I’ve been hurt, I don’t want others to feel what I’ve felt”.

Crisp X likes this.
  14. Katie Osborne

I just play one to get a rise out of people like you. See how easy it is? I just like playing devils advocate sometimes.

15. Katie Osborne

Are you still talking?

16. "I just pretend to be a sociopath online to get a rise out of people, look at me triggering all the people that don't like deranged sociopaths!"

Seek out some therapy. It'll be good for you.

[IMG]

17. the devil doesn't need a fucking advocate

god I fucking hate that phrase

18. This thread makes me incredibly sad. Primarily the actions taken by this band member and secondarily, the responses by a particular member of this forum. Bad people really suck.

19. ... totally a reasonable and healthy thing to do.

333 GANG and tyramail like this.
  20. I realize the boring little king of their boring little hill is gone, but it bears saying again:

As @Drew Beringer said, the devil doesn't need an advocate.

But. If you play devil's advocate or do the devil's work, you cannot possibly expect anyone to be able to tell the difference.

Edgelords, man. I just hope that person is kinder in their day to day life.

21. aniafc

Trusted

Jason, thanks for posting and sharing these. These stories have been crazy, and speaking with a few of the victims and some others, it seems like there's a lot that has yet to come to light. Going to keep reporting on this until something changes.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

Once again, this Katie Osborne person fucking SUCKS.

koryoreo and SuNDaYSTaR like this.