Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zebrahead Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Fox83, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Fox83

Trusted

[​IMG]

Zebrahead
    is an American punk rock band from Orange County, California. Formed in 1995, the band has released twelve studio albums to date. (Wikipedia)

[​IMG]

Spotify
    Apple Music
    Amazon

YouTube Channel

2. Fox83

Trusted

New album, Brain Invaders, releases March 8, 2019.

Here's the band's update:

[​IMG]

BIG NEWS DAY! New single/video, new album, pre-order and details..details…details galore.

Hello Friends and Family! Outside Japan, this will be the first time zebrahead has taken the reigns and self-released. So we need your help! It took us a lot of time and basically all our money….no joke……..to put this all together. We have put everything we have into this release and are super excited for everyone to hear it! We thank you in advance for any kind of pre-order or support you can give. We are the luckiest guys on the planet ….and know it. So happy to finally be able to share the NEWS!!! Help the movement and spread the word.

pre order now: https://zebrahead.myshopify.com

stream “All My Friends Are Nobodies”:

http://zebrahead.lnk.to/AMFAN

Album Title:
    “Brain Invaders”

Tracklisting

1. When Both Sides Suck, We’re All Winners

2. I Won’t Let You Down

3. All My Friends are Nobodies

4. We’re Not Alright

5. You Don’t Know Anything About Me

6. Chasing the Sun

7. Party on the Dancefloor

8. Do Your Worst

9. All Die Young

10. Up in Smoke

11. Ichi, Ni, San, Shi

12. Take A Deep Breath (And Go Fuck Yourself)

13. Better Living Through Chemistry

14. Bullet on the Brain

Release Dates

March 6th – Japan

March 8th – The World

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

These guys have always been ridiculously big in Japan. I love it haha

Fox83 likes this.
  4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

This was the first rock band I ever fully got into back in Middle School. Feels like forever ago. Can't wait to see what they have in store this go around.

Fox83 likes this.
  5. Fox83

Trusted

Weekly video Diary feature leading up to new album release. There's a new song snippet in this.

6. Fox83

Trusted

New song.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

This is fine, but I feel like they really dropped off in quality after 'Call Your Friends'.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This new album is easily my favorite since MFZB.

Fox83 and Full Effect Ed like this.
  9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

The first 3 or 4 songs are amazing-- the rest are pretty hit or miss imo.

I wish they expanded upon the darker hard rock sound of Call Your Friends, cause that's the ine thing that gave me hope since Greg left.

10. Fox83

Trusted

I'm enjoying this album so far. I've only listened to it twice though. They've been pretty hit or miss for me since Phoenix. Love the Reel Big Fish collab (track 5).

alkalinexandy likes this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

12. Fox83

Trusted

13. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

never heard this band before last week and holy shit they would've been huge to my childhood. I like the new album but just digging through their discography and "worse than this" is godly

solxace and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  14. tomtom94

Trusted

Apologies for the thread necromancy but big news like this needs to be shared:

[​IMG]

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Oof. Curious to see who they pull in to replace him. I love Matty and he definitely had the right "attitude" for the band. But there's plenty of people they could pull in who would be just as good if I'm being totally honest about it...

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

damn haven't thought of this band in forever, but Waste of Mind and Playmate of the Year used to be my shit

17. tomtom94

Trusted

You should definitely check out their stuff with Matty. While they dropped some of their more eclectic influences from the early albums, they grew into a really consistent band.

riotspray likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just checked out Matty's country project, and it's....interesting. I actually really dig his new songs, and I'm happy that he's getting into something new that he's passionate about, but the whole thing still weirds me out. haha.

I feel like he always sounded pretty midwestern, but he developed more of a country/southern accent in the last few years. I think it's also just weird seeing him completely lean into the whole "lifestyle". The flannels, cowboy hat, boots, GMC truck, etc. Feels like pandering just a bit, but if this all feels more natural to him, then good for him!

19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

New vocalist incoming

StoJa9 likes this.
  20. tomtom94

Trusted

That was pretty quick not gonna lie

Excited that it means new music as well

StoJa9 likes this.
  21. StoJa9

Regular

I doubt they found out Matty was leaving the day they issued the press release.

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Adrian from Assuming We Survive is the new vocalist.

StoJa9 and tomtom94 like this.
  23. tomtom94

Trusted

New single with Adrian. Wouldn't say it's amazing but I like Ali's parts.

24. Fox83

Trusted

I kind of dig his vocals. Nice change. The darker/moody songs were hit or miss with Matty's delivery - Adrian seems to fit better in that regard. He sounds a bit like Brendon Urie, which I never really noticed on the few AWS songs I've heard.

25. tomtom94

Trusted

They were pretty fucking great at Slam Dunk. Adrian is a really good fit for them live, I wondered if he would feel a bit out of place on the older material but no.

fan shot set from Slam Dunk North (not the best quality but should give you an idea)

Also, they played the new single A Long Way Down and it's more in the mould of classic Zebrahead, more pop-punk than the debut single, very catchy. (Out Friday)