Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zebrahead – “Who Brings a Knife to a Gunfight” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Last three albums I just can't get into this band anymore. All the songs just seem so samey.

Fox83 likes this.
  3. Fox83

Trusted

I consider myself a ZH fan, and the quality of their music has gone downhill since MFZB. Broadcast to the World and even Phoenix were really good. They've sort of settled into this band that wants to sing about partying and drinking. Which is fine, but I connected with their lyrics more 10+ years ago. I feel like they've found this comfortable spot of pandering to their international fanbase. I guess I'm glad they're still making music, and they're all so talented, but I wish they would have evolved into something else.

Edit: I'll also add that this is my least favorite song on their latest album, mainly because of the lyrics.

Kizwiz likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I was a huge fan with Justin. I thought Broadcast had some good high moments for the first album with Matty and I actually really like Phoenix alot but yeah since then, bleh. Ali yelling nonsense and then chorus about partying or something lol. That song Call Your Friends or whatever was pretty atrocious.

Fox83 likes this.
  5. Kizwiz

Regular

Pretty dull song. The chorus is pretty generic and weak. If they're going for some darker partier vibe coulda done a Andrew W.K route. Nonetheless, ZH still put on an amazing show live though.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Haven't listened to these guys in like 15 years, but I was a big fan of Waste of Mind and Playmate of the Year when those came out.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

After "Broadcast" I haven't liked anything they've done. I still think Playmate of The Year is a brilliant pop rock record.

8. Fox83

Trusted

Easily their weakest opening track out of their entire discography. I have mixed feelings about everything they've done since Broadcast to the World, but every one of those later albums had killer opening songs. Even the album before this one might have been my least favorite album of theirs, but the opener is still a catchy number: