Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zayn - Mind of Mine Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 7, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Really sad to see him suffering so badly with his anxiety. As someone who used to shake with terror having to speak infront of just five people in a room I can't imagine how tough performing infront of hundreds/thousands of fans expecting so much of him.

Awksome and beachdude42 like this.
  3. beachdude

Did something new happen with that? I can also relate strongly to his struggles, I hope he can overcome them.

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. beachdude

Just saw his statement and the news of the concert cancellations... huge bummer :(

5. beachdude

Not the biggest fan of the original song but this I can fuck with... I still maintain he's a really talented guy and will go far if he works with the right people and finds his lane.

PandaBear! likes this.
  6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I relistened to this album a week or so ago and it's still great imo

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I still really like the album. It would have been waaaay stronger if it was a few songs shorter

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

I still enjoy a lot of it... if I'm being honest though, I think its biggest weakness was that it frequently shortchanged his phenomenal voice. He was trying really hard to fit into a lot of subdued contemporary R&B styles where vocal prowess is rarely the most important factor, but by doing so I feel like he often let the listener forget just how great of a singer HE IS. Too many of the songs had him using only a tiny part of his range and not really standing out vocally, and I think if he manages to incorporate more of his voice and more of the stylistic elements that make him stand out next time around, he could really have something special.

9. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

10. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Ehhhhhhhhh.

11. beachdude

I've been a big defender of Zayn's on here, but that song could not be more bland. Hopes aren't high for his next album now tbh.

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  12. beachdude

Zayn's still had easily the best start of a solo career to come from any of the 1D guys so far in my opinion, not really expecting that to change... "Pillowtalk" wasn't *amazing* but it blows away Niall and Louis' solo debuts. I really hope the second album ends up better than his recent songs are indicating, not thinking that's too likely though...

13. Wall Of Arms

I feel like Harry will dominate a broader market, he hasn't given his a whirl...yet.

14. beachdude

I'm curious... if it's really "Queen-inspired" idk how well that'll do on pop radio in 2017 haha but I'm thinking it won't be THAT Queen-inspired.

15. Wall Of Arms

Yeah I'd be surprised if it is, people always say certain things like that pre-release to build up some air of intrigue when all they mean is "the ambition of Queen" or something.

Regardless, I think he'll probably hit a broader market anyways, he just seems like the "one everyone has been waiting for" to release something from the group. You could kinda pinpoint and tell what the others would sound like as solo artists, Harry has a little bit more mystery and I think the biggest number of fans (though that's not based on anything statistically haha).

I really like Zayn and I enjoy some of his solo stuff (bar the new single) but even I'm excited to see what Harry sounds like. He's got that something *bites on cigar like a big wig in a suit in an old movie*.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

Honestly I'm curious for Liam's solo stuff as well... but yeah I do get the sense that out of the remaining guys from 1D, Harry has the most chance of getting big as a solo artist.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Contender and beachdude42 like this.
  19. beachdude

Definitely curious what a collab with Sia will sound like. Maybe a more anthemic pop song would mean he finally has a solo song where he properly flexes his vocal range.

20. beachdude

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. beachdude

Honestly even I’m over him at this point tbh... the last video had really high production values too but the song wore off on me quickly. I’m hoping this proves me wrong but I think he’s already lost most of the potential that was shown on the best moments of Mind of Mine.

23. beachdude

Single drops tomorrow at 5 AM PST... basically zero expectations left at this point but hopefully he’ll surprise me.

24. beachdude

I like this alright. Nice summery love song.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yeah, this is actually one of his best songs I think.

beachdude42 likes this.