Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Zayn - Mind of Mine Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 7, 2016.

1. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

People are freaking out. lmao

[​IMG]

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I honestly really hate It's You. I don't mind the other songs cause at least they're catchy enough but It's You isn't catchy so I can't ignore how hollow and predictable it is by jamming along. While his vocals sound good on the track, there's nothing behind them that interests me in that song.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I think the production on It's You is just gorgeous, but to each their own. I really like that one.

4. beachdude

Love the dude's music, but his image can be a bit cringe at times. Those tattoos... :eh:

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm not 100% sure that face one is real. He did post it on Instagram tho.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

If it's not real then it's a 10/10 troll and I approve.

AelNire likes this.
  7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

8. beachdude

LOVE this one.

Kyle Huntington likes this.
  9. Meerkat

I like that one better than the song he released before it, but for the most part my excitement for this is just a downward slope

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Maybe I've expected too much but I only like Pillow Talk. This one is better than the other 2 though.

11. beachdude

Drip.

12. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Will give it a whirl today.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. beachdude

Pretty solid imo... some of the singles are among the best songs, but there's still quite a bit of good stuff here.

14. Wall Of Arms

S'alright. 3 of my favourite tracks were releases already. It makes me wanna give it a few more spins which is a good sign at least.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

More or less my thoughts... could've been a bit better, but overall it's a good debut and hopefully he'll keep improving and hone in on the elements that work best here. Even he admitted this album is kind of a mesh of all his different influences, and he's still working on nailing down his own style.

16. Wall Of Arms

I like how "Lucozade" feels until that last verse/outro where it seems like he legitimately loses his way. Feels like it's so all over the place. Shame, if it was more concise I think that could be a favourite sonically.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

Yeah that ending's a bit weird.

18. Meerkat

A lot of the tracks bled into each other for me. I liked a few a lot though. I doubt this will have much staying power for me

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

There were some great beats on this. Most of it bled together, though. Wish he enunciated about 50% better; that'd probably solve quite a few of the problems I had with certain songs (like, PillowTalk is huge, but I have no idea what he's singing half the time).

Meerkat likes this.
  20. Meerkat

There were a few times I noticed he was mumbling. Which 1. I don't remember him doing as much vocally in One Direction (except towards the end in live performances when he clearly was starting to check out) and 2. I'm an Ariana Grande fan, so that's kind of saying something

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. Meerkat

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

"The anticipation and intrigue are over. We know exactly what kind of ZAYN we’re getting.

And it’s fine. It’s really alright. The initial One Direction defector’s first solo offering is transcendently OK, the apotheosis of acceptable, a complete and utter triumph of basically good enough"

"He could literally have made any kind of music he wanted to, and any of those iterations would be more fascinating than the tasteful yet mostly tasteless post-Weeknd noir he opted for instead."

This Is The Zayn Malik We’re Getting, So Deal With It

23. carina

yr royal highness

Finally listening to it, and as a fan, I'm happy that he's doing what he wants to do, but also....lyrically, this is barely a step above anything on Four, and sonically, it's just a PG version of FutureSex/LoveSounds to me. "Flower" is the only song that's interesting because he's singing in Urdu, but the rest is just a bunch of Chris Brown/The Weeknd B-sides.

Even the song with Kehlani falls flat to me.

24. beachdude

carina likes this.
  25. beachdude

I think there's some great standouts but it's definitely not all it could be, and some of the tracks slog on in a monotone, mid-tempo sort of haze. Overall though, an enjoyable first effort for me with a lot of potential, and a distinct identity.