Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yves Tumor - Safe in the Hands of Love (September 5, 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Aug 30, 2018.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

They've released two singles this year. Touring with Blood Orange this fall. I feel like something is on the horizon. Will be out on Warp.

Their last album was released on Soundcloud a year ago:

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Love everything he’s done so far. Saying that, I prefer his instrumental stuff. Not sure what to think of those tracks so far, need to hear them in an album setting to get a proper feel for them.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Another new one called “Lifetime” is on streaming now.

An album has to be close. I’m guessing/hoping before the run with Blood Orange.

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Couldn’t wait for the album, so gave all three new tracks a listen and I’m now very excited about this album. Love the vibe and his voice grew on me a lot.

5. username

hey you lil piss baby

Another one lol

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Might be my favourite yet. This album, whenever it comes, may be a AOTY candidate.

Swae Lee likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

I think he might be tweeting out the track list.

Thread:

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

Was literally just coming on here to say the same!

9 tracks so far...

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

At least one other person cares about this haha

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Keeping up the conversational nature of the thread too :-)

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

Fuck yes!

Although not on Spotify yet. Grrrr.

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Waiting for Spotify but super pumped to dive in.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

15. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is outstanding. First few songs feel like an expansion of the Serpent Music sound before launching into the three singles where they experiment within more traditional song structure (still my favourite tracks). The back half is pretty abrasive, which I think gives the record a cool arc. There's really no trace of the ambiance and loops Experiencing The Deposit Of Faith, which would be disappointing if their sonic shift wasn't so impressive and exciting. Excited to spend more time with this, but my initial reaction is that this is one of the very best records released this year. Can't even begin to imagine what the live show is going to be like.

I hope this pops up on Spotify soon (if it hasn't already), because I'm very eager to hear some more impression.

Side note: Warp is beyond killing it this year. Between this, GAIKA, and 0PN, I'm ready to call them label of the year.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Warp have been my favourite label for at least the last 5 years. Consistently putting out quality records.

17. Horrorca

Trusted

this has high aoty possibilities - pumped to listen once Spoti has it

18. zmtr

Trusted

This is really great wow

19. Horrorca

Trusted

holy shit - just realized this is collaboration with Croatian Armor

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, colabs with Croation Armor and Puce Mary is a sure fire sign of a good album

Glad more people are getting on this

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

On Spotify now too whoop whoop

OotyPa likes this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

never heard of yves before. giving this a listen now. a few songs in and it's super good so far!

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I really enjoyed this album. Not quite AOTY material for me yet, though I feel I need to dive in deeper. The abrasive elements of the back-half remind me of SOPHIE's record earlier this year. It seems like this would really shine during a late Fall evening so I'm pumped to keep returning to this.

24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I'm one of the few that didn't really get into his last record but I am lovinngggggg this.

25. Horrorca

Trusted

yesssss

dloading now to my phone