Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

YouTubers

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 10, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Searched and could not find a thread. This is a thread to discuss YouTubers and post updates on any popular YouTubers out there.

I used to be big into YouTubers during way back when, like Lucas Cruikshank/Fred, Shane Dawson, WHATTHEBUCK, Joey Graceffa, and Nigahiga. Now I watch Casey Neistat often, sometimes Phil DeFranco, and Hot Ones if that counts. I dislike a lot of YouTubers these days, especially the Paul brothers (Jake and Logan) and h3h3).

Who do you all watch/like/dislike?

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Used to follow Shane Dawson from like 09 - 2011 or so. Fell off for a while and then saw him doing the food stuff and wasn’t super into it. Lately, though, I think he’s been putting out some of the best content on YouTube, he’s totally won me back. The Panic! at the Disco of YouTubers.

I really love Cinemassacre, too. The Angry Video Game Nerd might be my favourite web series.

Davjs and ItsAndrew like this.
  3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I still watch a few, but rarely talk about it because I feel like people are immediately judgey when I mention it. Favorites are Joe Sugg, Daniel Howell and Phil Lester (I actually got to meet them last month and felt like a fangirl again), Zoe Sugg, CTFxC, Julien Solomita/Waffsicle, Byron Langley, and vlogbrothers.

4. I find it so difficult to find decent youtubers nowadays. The algorithms have fucked up the entire site, and you have to dig deep to find something interesting. Let Youtube decide for you and you end up on conspiracy, alt-right, gamergate, clickbait anti-SJW, unoriginal vlogs, generic compilation and reaction videos. I'm open to suggestions.

5. I've been loving the Horror Stories channel for spooky true crime/disaster stories as we transition into the holiday season. I also watch Screen Junkies Movie Fights weekly, and BigQuint is a must subscribe for hip-hop fans.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I kinda like what I've seen of Double Toasted, though they're more of a podcast than anything else

Davjs likes this.
  7. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

podcasts = good
    youtube = bad

oldjersey and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. I keep up with Hot Ones but that’s it.

9. Davjs

Trusted

I love Double Toasted as mentioned above! There's a lot of great YouTube channels, I just feel like Vloggers and stuff of that nature tend to give it a bad name.

For comedy - Dunkey, AngryVideogameNerd, Double Toasted, H3H3, Funny or Die (if only for Zack Morris is Trash and TWD recaps), Jon Tron, Team Four Star (DBZ ABRIDGED!)

For Movie related - Screen Junkie News, Jeremy Jahns, How It Should have Ended, Mr Movie Sundays, Red Letter Media

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

AVGN can go to hell after his whole Ghostbusters stunt a couple years ago

11. Davjs Sep 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2018)
    Davjs

Trusted

I don't know about that? A video he did?

Edit: Is it the video he put out where he said he wasn't going to do a review for the 2016 film?

I watched the start of it and he just says "From the trailers, this looks awful" He's not wrong lol, and "instead of doing what everyone else is going to do, which is go see the movie and then make fun of it, I'm just not going to see it and give it my money" Also true.

I never clicked on it because I only really like his AVGN stuff, not their movie reviews.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Why didn't he make vids detailing why wouldn't review other awful-looking movies around that time or before? Doesn't add up (well, it kinda does actually.) This is a two-year-old thing now, so whatever

13. Davjs

Trusted

I'm actually going against what I said I wouldn't do, and actually watching this none game video lol

It's obvious that this property means a lot to him which is probably why he did this video. He's nerding out pretty hard lol.

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said in it. He even says he hates how the movie is referred to as The Females Ghostbusters and should be judged on it's own merit.

The movie was awful though, so in the end I agree with him not giving the studio his money for a cash grab.

14. drewinseries

Drew

What horror channels do you recommend?

15. Davjs

Trusted

I don't have any to recommend, but Collider Nightmares used to be great (RIP Jon Schnepp). You could watch old ones though...

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dead Meat and that's it

17. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This is ridiculous

18. I'm not subscribed to any channels about horror movies, but as far as creepy/paranormal stuff, I'm a sucker for Horor Stories and Chills.

19. Davjs

Trusted

20. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Im not a horror fan so I dont watch it, but have you tried/like the Witching Hour? Obviously no Schnepp or Clarke but I love Perri

21. Davjs

Trusted

I do love Perri as well! I have not, I kinda fell off of Collider for a bit, esp when Schnepp passed as he was my favorite. I had no idea they had a new Horror show though, I will check it out. Thanks!

Dodger likes this.

22. More Youtube in general than "Youtubers," but this series is one of my favorites.

23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

All about this

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Heck yeah, my roommates and I are having watching parties for it