Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

YouTube TV • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I like the DVR aspect of this, but that is a bare bones lineup of channels and YouTube Red shows are straight up terrible. DIRECTV Now is still where it's at for me when it comes to selection.

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's on Directv Now.

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

A couple years ago... You realize how much technology has changed over time, right? Better hardware all over.

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i considered that, but the xbox one experience this past season certainly wasn't good enough to get me to ditch cable yet either. if its just the internet, its what im stuck with for now anyway.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Sal Paradise

Trusted

The regional sports aspect is a game changer. Even if this service doesn't stick, the fact that they got local pro games may open the door for other companies and potentially mark the beginning of the end for cable/ satellite

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, they are owned by Disney. They did have a dip in earnings in the fourth quarter last year, but still remain pretty damn big.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Interressttinggg...

8. transrebel59

Regular

That's gotta be your internet connection. I've used Sunday Ticket for two years, streamed through a VPN, and it was the best live streaming experience I've ever had.

9. transrebel59

Regular

It's on Sling and Vue.

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

We have DirecTV Now, and honestly, I think the picture quality is better than U-Verse. There's less compression coming from the streamed picture than there is from the U-Verse one (at least once the feed has loaded and stabilized). It might help that I have gigabit internet though.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm this is interesting. I haven't had cable in years and don't really miss it.

12. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

This still doesn't help me with local NBA, NHL and MLB games I don't think :/
    Right now we have HD antennas throughout my house to 3 of the TV's which pick up all the major networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) which is great for the NFL, the picture is so much better than I was ever expecting, really only gets pixelated when it's SUPER windy. I mooch of my mom who has cable and use the ESPN apps on my XB1.

The problem with this is service is Denver's broadcasting arrangements for the Nuggets, Avalanche and Rockies are on weird networks, the Avs/Nuggets are on Altitude Sports and the Rockies are on Root Sports, Root is affiliated with Fox Sports but I don't think they cross stream Root on Fox?

13. MikeC18

I may look into getting this. Mostly just because they have Fox Sports 1. Ever since we got rid of our cable I've had no way of watching the UFC fights on FS1 other than some crappy European stream.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That's pretty much my setup/problems too. We have dish but I don't have a receiver for my bedroom so I use an antenna for local channels, but NHL games are very rarely on any of those channels. I wish I could pay for just local sports channels on Roku. (ESPN won't help with that)

15. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

ESPN is the only reason my family still has cable.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.