Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

YouTube Launch 360-Degree Live Streams

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

YouTube have announced they’re bringing 360° video to their live offerings. They’ll be streaming some of the second weekend of Coachella in this new format.

We first launched support for 360-degree videos back in March 2015. From musicians to athletes to brands, creators have done some incredible things with this technology. Now, they’ll be able to do even more to bring fans directly into their world, with 360-degree live streaming. And after years of live streaming Coachella for fans around the world who can’t attend the festival, this year we’re bringing you the festival like never before by live streaming select artist performances in 360 degrees this weekend.

2. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

This is cool no doubt. I wonder if it'll catch on or just be a fad like 3D TVs though

3. grimis16

Regular

I've been wanting this for Sports ever since NFL2k came out. Man I'd love the behind the qb view for football instead of the sideline cam. I mean they already have the "floating" camera in place for big games, give me the option to choose that view.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty cool. I missed the first weekend stream, so I'ma try to catch some of this.