Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yours Truly - Self Care (September 18, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

1. Siamese Souls

2. Composure

3. Together

4. Vivid Dream

5. Undersize

6. Ghost

7. Funeral Home

8. Glass Houses

9. Half Of Me

10. Heartsleeve

latortuga and studskalny like this.
  2. Really stoked for this record. Australian pop punk is where it's at.

studskalny likes this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Australia is killing it right now

studskalny likes this.
  4. studskalny

I met the devil and I stared her in the eyes

Yep I'm officially pumped for this album. No way, they're Australian? They really are killing it.

Carrow likes this.
  5. peripheralvision

I really like the new song sonically, but these lyrics are a bit weak imo :(

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Leftandleaving and ItsAndrew like this.
  8. Really excited for this record. The Australian scene is killing it.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

second half of this is much stronger

latortuga likes this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This did not do much for me on first listen unfortunately. Will have to give it a few more spins.

11. latortuga

Regular

Listened to the first few tracks and the band sounds really tight but it's not really anything special. The production on the vocals is strange, like she has a hand in front of the mic. It's just weirdly muffled.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is a very strong debut. On par with Stand Atlantic’s, and if that’s any indication, the next records going to be massive

13. Siamese Souls is not the opener I would have chosen. The chorus is a grower, which is not what you want on a debut pop punk record. But... the rest of the record is fantastic. Minus the penultimate track, an acoustic track that doesn't do much for me. I also want some more interesting guitar tones on a follow-up.

That being said, I'm having fun with this and i can't wait to see where they go from here.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Definitely disagree with that, Siamese Souls is such a huge opener, hate to be this guy since it’s a tired comparison for female fronted bands, but it reminds me a lot of how For a Pessimist introduces Riot

15. Fair enough, but the chorus melody was forgettable the first three or so times I heard it, which was not the case for pretty much the rest of the record. Maybe it's how loud the record is, from a mix/master perspective? Her voice is drowned out in the chorus of that song, which might be why it was hard for me to pick up the hook.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah I can see that. I agree that the mixing of her vocals is a little muddled. I think they EQ’d out too much of the higher frequencies which makes her sound muffled

BigMouth likes this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is good, although I don't think it's near Stand Atlantic quality, but it's a promising debut. The singer is a very good vocalist but I do agree with whoever said that her vocals sound a little muffled.

morken and BigMouth like this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really enjoying this record a ton

BigMouth likes this.
  19. btr

Trusted Supporter

This is just okay for me after a few listens. Will be tough for it to have staying power when there's been so much good pop punk lately (Stand Atlantic, Broadside, Knuckle Puck, Seaway, Movements, MGK)

20. Leftandleaving

isn't mgk a rapper?

21. sawhney[rusted]2

You should check his latest songs, veered into pop punk territory. Been working with Travis Barker a lot

22. Leftandleaving

not what I would have expected to read today

23. sawhney[rusted]2

Well, get this....it’s surprisingly pretty good

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. btr

Trusted Supporter

He's dropping an entire pop punk album with Travis on drums this Friday. One of the songs was in the new Tony Hawk remake. It's going to do pretty well as a pop punk record

Leftandleaving likes this.
  25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That new Seaway single is quite literally a Big Vibe too.

Also they literally kicked out a member because he became a cop. I can back that kinda stuff.