Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You're The Worst (FXX) TV Show • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Keagan Ilvonen, Jan 22, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My prediction after this week's flashforward: (spoiler in case I'm close)

They're going to Gretchen's wedding where she's marrying someone else, Jimmy leaves during the ceremony to smoke outside, Gretchen then appears outside after not going through with it and they smoke together outside the wedding, echoing the pilot

AWasteOfATime and Jusscali like this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think it's gona be Lindsay's wedding. (secretly hoping it's a poly wedding for Vern/Becca/Paul, but leaning towards Lindsay) I was expecting Jimmy and Gretchen to show up alone and then end up more or less the same as your theory, but seeing Jimmy taking a date threw me off.
    The flower girl/Jimmy's date is Justin Long's little sister in Accepted, if you wanted to feel weird today. (She's also a writer and director who seems to be doing cool shit.)

Isn't Lindsay supposed to be Sam's publicist now? Weird that she wasn't there.

Three more episodes is heartbreaking.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also Jimmy had a bunch of kids toys in the back of the car when he picked up his date...don't know what to make of that.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t gotten around to this but I see the thread is full of spoilers. Is it that plot/speculation heavy a show?

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Nah, the spoilers are just theories as to how the series will end, nothing too serious just tagging to be safe.

Also start asap because it's the best show

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

FX is just too good to be allowed in general. I’ll definitely be looking for a comedy after I finish some of my current binging.

7. shea

RIP Supporter

i second it being the best show. please choose it next.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to go for The Leftovers but I need a palate cleanser so that should do.

dadbolt likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

For the record the leftovers and this are my favorite shows of the past few years, maybe ever. You’re making good use of your free time here.

EASheartsVinyl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nice! I’m finishing The Americans and a rewatch of The Sopranos so I don’t want to rush into anything I have too hyped for fear it disappoints. Lol.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The Leftovers and You're The Worst will not disappoint, but I'm on the side that the first season of the Leftovers is a "meh" hurdle that you need to get through to experience true greatness. Don't get discouraged

Dirty Sanchez and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  12. Oh, walk and talk? Hell yeah.

Vivatoto and I Am Mick like this.
  13. trevorshmevor Mar 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 14, 2019)
    Loving some of the long shots in this episode. The walk and talk scene, the park scene, Lindsay and Yvette walking into the office

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There was some crazy ass direction for this whole episode. All that plus that weird lighting when Gretchen is talking to Knoc Knoc

trevorshmevor and I Am Mick like this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The long shot reminded me of Shit Stains wedding episode

Justin Roux and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That scene was so cool
    I hate that I related to Gretchen in this episode, fuck making a decision when you could just blow it up and bail amirite

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen Mar 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

of course Jimmy thinks Chuck Palahniuk was fucked over by Hollywood
    "I've never felt this way about anyone not even Dave Navarro"

Vernon's lesbian checklist was amazing- have you gone to Costco? Have you seen Fun Home? what Subaru do you own? what's your favorite Tegan and Sara album?

Diablo Cody is writing the movie, Juno, yes I do know

and I hate Jimmy so much right now, poor Gretch, Edgar is the best

18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Felt more like a setup episode

Also I was guessing next week they'd air the final two episodes together but it looks like they're keeping them as two separate weeks

21. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

That was for sure an odd episode, every theory I had for the end is out the window, which I think is their intention but I’m very not excited for this to end I’m going to be a wreck on the next two Wednesdays

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t fully understand why everyone says jimmy is being an asshole. He’s naive (thinking his sadness over his script is equal to Gretchen’s depression) but for the passed few episodes he’s just been trying to plan the wedding while Gretchen ignores him/runs away. He fucked up, but he also sucked a dick for her.

That said, his face at the end had me worried he will do something shitty.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also Killian returning as a Scientologist desperately promoting jack reacher is sooo good.

mad, dadbolt and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. Jesus two more episodes, how are they gonna land the plane

No clip for next week’s episode during the credits was odd. Makes me think that maybe we’re getting a time jump for the next two episodes and showing a clip would spoil it

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I didn't want to be the first to say it but Gretchen is kind of annoying the shit out of me the last couple episodes