Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You're The Worst (FXX) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Keagan Ilvonen, Jan 22, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

A mostly fantastic episode. Sam and Shit Stain remain MVP's of any scene they're in.

I do worry that they have been pushing Gretchen a little too far at times. Her scaring Edgar was pretty cringey, and in the last two episodes she's just been a little too much. I get that she's broken and losing it but totally changing the way she talks feels odd.

Also I have to believe they're intentionally making Edgar look more and more douchey for some big payoff. Maybe Middleditch's character shows up in the finale and calls him out for jacking his style or something

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That would be amazing lol

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I will actually be bummed if they aren't building up to something like that. It was already weird, seeing him playing ukulele in that outfit was just...too far. It has to be for a joke.

4. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Has to be

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I do hope they explain his kinda sudden personality change

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Parts of this episode reminded me of Man Seeking Woman

irthesteve likes this.
  7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

"I wouldn't trust Gretchen to drive a bumper car."

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. trevorshmevor Sep 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2017)
    Wow I've never laughed out loud at something so much while simultaneously finding it so hard to watch. The whole scene with Gretchen interrupting the interview had the worst looming cloud of disaster hanging over it, the bombshell was painful

Side note I love that the blue box made an appearance haha[/spoiler]

9. I feel like Edgar's appearance is pretty much just the stereotypical "I'm into comedy" dude, which isn't too weird considering his trajectory the last couple of seasons? Especially with the time lapse it hardly feels sudden imo. Could be a bit I guess but with his current job and how seriously he seems to be taking it, it would make sense that his wardrobe is simply just different now

10. He’s finding himself for the first time, had to spend all that time without Jimmy

11. Yeah exactly. Between his newfound independence and the confidence his awesome job provided him with, it makes sense he'd start to embrace a new side of himself without it being a gag or needing explanation

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like this season has definitely had a different feel but I'm still really liking it. Getting a bit more "cartoony" I guess? Not sure how I'd describe it. Not quite broad but a bit more focused on outright comedy than situational if that makes sense. Kind of just rambling

But again I still really like it

sawhney[rusted]2 and I Am Mick like this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This season is very odd compared to other ones. Cartoon-ish is probably the best way to describe it. I'm almost loving hating everything about everyone in the show.

Sam and Shit Stain are the best part of this season lol

14. Oh yeah, their reason for Honey Nutz leaving absolutely destroyed me. Sam has the best delivery

15. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Sam and Shitstain crush every scene.

"You are the worst publicist I've ever met! And my dad is friends with Paul Manafort!"

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this season is significantly better than the last one

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I definitely am into this season more than last after these 4 episodes

18. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I loved the last one but I think some complaints are valid

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the only thing is Edgar and Lindsay becoming functioning adults overnight but I get the feeling they'll address that elephant in the room eventually

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

the only thing is Edgar and Lindsay becoming functioning adults overnight but I get the feeling they'll address that elephant in the room eventually

plus I think it's interesting seeing how Jimmy and Gretchen impact them

21. The time lapse from s3 to s4 wasn't "overnight" though

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I didn't literally mean overnight, and I know Edgar's path started last season
    and I'm not complaining, Edgar and Lindsay are such a hot couple, it's just like oh didn't see that coming

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. Yeah for sure, it was kind of a jolt from our perspective. The juxtaposition with Gretchen's development made things feel especially off-kilter too

Side note, I wonder if the show is finally gonna be done with Killian? Kinda hope so. I'd be down with him being just a recurring joke every now and then if his age progression going very obviously beyond the show's timeline wasn't so distracting to me lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Throw lemons at him.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I hope they show him at some point and he's just completely feral, scavenging for food out of the trash or something