Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Your most memorable film experience • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 31, 2016.

1. timcsheehan

Regular

No shame! Everyone was excited for the first one, even if they say they weren't.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I went to see the lion king when I was really young, when mufasa died I ran out of the theatre crying and hyperventilating. I classically tripped over either my own foot or the carpeting and was rolling around on the floor in tears. My mother and grandmother had to come get me and calm me down. I eventually went back in and watched the rest. Tough stuff. Rip mufasa :heart:

mad and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Probably Jurrassic Park. First movie I saw in the theater. I remember my older brother being scared to gdeath to the bathroom cause he thought the T Rex would eat him!

Some other memorable ones. Any new Chris Nolan movie is incredibly exciting for me. I get super super hyped on the build up, so seeing the actual movie is a real experience. My wife loves it cause she says I sit there with a stupid grin in my face. Same thing happens when my local theater show Raiders of the Lost Ark.

4. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I drove home from school in December, dropped my stuff off and immediately got back in the car to drive a half hour to see The Force Awakens on opening night. I then went to go see it again the following day. ...and again the day after that. ...and again two days later.

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The one that sticks out in my mind is the second time I saw Cloverfield in theaters. It was the scene when the monster jumps up from the ground and takes down the helicopter. The descent is utter chaos, but it turns to complete silence when it crashes. I'll never forget the guy two rows in front of me saying "holy shit" in the midst of complete silence. I couldn't stop laughing.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

when I saw it my dad was at work or something and I started crying "where's daddy" or something like that, I also ran out crying the second the Beast showed up in Beauty and the Beast

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Childhood was fun haha

8. dlemert

Trusted

Last Valentine's Day I got drunk by myself and watched all the bonus features on my Jurassic Park blu-ray. That might sound like the saddest thing ever, but I loved it so much.

Other than that, watching David Fincher's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on a dark and freezing January night a couple years ago was a perfect experience that's never left my mind.

9. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

the "reveal" in fight club. i neglected to see it in theaters because it seemed like a dumb movie about fighting. saw it 4 years later and was floored.

inception's spinning top. when the screen cut to dark, the entire theater yelled and moaned.

10. NotBruce

Regular

- The first appearance of the Millennium Falcon during The Force Awakens. I was grinning ear-to-ear, and I've never experienced anything quite like that.

- I saw Everything Is Illuminated in this janky old theater in a questionable part of town with some friends when it first came out. I didn't know what to expect, and I left the theater with a whole slew of emotions.

Same. I had chills. I teared up. To a damn Wiz Khalifa song. I hated myself for a good hour or two after that.

11. Dank Gunction

Saw Bonnie & Clyde for the first time. Made the mistake of not disabling f.lux during my viewing so I got this really incredible yellow hue over the first half of the film. Kind of wish it was all done that way, to be honest.

I had a great time with it though. Thoroughly enjoyed watching Faye Dunaway as a gleeful criminal. She's got a hell of a spirit in her performance across the entire thing.

12. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Seeing Jurassic Park as a 9 year old was a religious experience. Pretty much everything I had wanted to see in a dinosaur movie was fully realized and then some. Lost count of how many times I re-watched the VHS and how many of the action figures I had.

When I was six or seven I saw Steven King's IT on TV. Tuned in during the sailboat/storm drain scene. I was scared so badly I began crying and didn't stop until several hours later.

Seeing The Lion King in theaters and dat stampede scene.

The first time the trailer for the Spawn movie surprised me in theaters I lost my shit. Didn't even know there was a Spawn movie being made and it was my favorite comic book at the time so I was ecstatic.

I took my grandfather to see The Blair Witch Project and had never seen him so angered by a movie before, haha

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I usually don't go out of my way to see foreign language films but I saw Pan's Labyrinth in a small theater without much knowledge of it before hand and definitely got teary-eyed by the end of it.

14. Jurassic Park. I saw that in the theater at least three times, and after the first appearance of the t-rex I always had to go pee. :embarrassed:

15. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

There's a scene in A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night that gave be absolute chills. The tension of the moment was so palpable and the entire scene is silent (for anyone who's seen it, I'm talking about when they're in the vampire's room and the White Lies song is paying form the turntable) it really just blew me away. I've never had a single scene from a movie hit me that hard.

16. Derek

Get stung

Back in 75 when Rocky horror came out, the boys and I would drive my 70' amc gremlin to the drive in. Great times. The girls, man. Everyone all dressed up and just getting wild.

17. thekingofnaps

I saw The Truman Show for the first time in 2015 and I was blown away. Didn't know anything about the movie and none of it was spoiled for me, so that's up there for me. A really incredible movie.

Obviously, The Force Awakens, just cause the last Star Wars movie I was excited about was Episode III when I was a child and as that child, I loved it. It was awesome to have that childlike excitement again as a 22 year old (still a child?) for a movie that is arguably my favorite Star Wars movie is awesome and I'm never going to forget that.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  18. A Flirting Time

In the fifth grade I saw House of 1000 Corpses in the theater and I also saw my english teacher in the theater but I did not know she was a lesbian so that was the big finale.

OhTheWater likes this.
  19. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Watched Tombstone with my parents when I was...5 or so? Still remember when he had the shotgun in the guys mouth, I freaked and jumped behind the couch.

20. I think it was Jurassic Park.

I had heard it hyped up so much that I was TERRIFIED that I was going to be too scared for me. So I chewed on the inside of my shirt collar the entire time. I loved it.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  21. I saw parts of The Shining as a kid. Never went back to watch the rest of it.

I also saw this one movie that freaked me out as a kid. I don't know what it's called, but I vaguely remember people in clown masks or something and it being really bloody.

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

memorable film experience, like in general? or in the theater? this is an impossible question to answer with just one answer. I have a trillion awesome fond memories when it comes to movie watching.

I'm going to the pick the moment that makes me cry out of love everytime i think about it. When I was 8, I was obsesssssssssssssssssssssssed with the Little Giants. I watched it over and over again, until it finally came down to return it. I remember crying for some reason? Like, I loved that movie and I cried? Why? I don't know...i was a kid haha. But I'll never forget that only a few days later was Valentine's Day, and my mother bought the movie for me and gave it to me for valentine's day. I mean seriously, what the fuck! WHAT A MOVE MOM!!

Adrian Villagomez and Jason Tate like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

seeing Spring Breakers and The Bling Ring and the entire audience being confused angry teens besides me

when a woman yelled it's Channing when Channing Tatum showed up in the Hateful Eight

24. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I love that you said this because my memory is the first time I saw Jurassic Park. It was my first Midnight Premiere and my parents picked me up from my Aunt's house and I was so scared of the T-Rex car scene because I thought the mud was actually blood that I missed most of the movie (closing my eyes). I then went on to see it two more times while it was in theaters. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Henry likes this.
  25. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I remember seeing Transformers on opening night and being completely blown away by the FX. I don't know what it was, but I thought the film was something special. Ended up seeing it two more times in the theater and I haven't enjoyed another Transformers film since.