Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Your Biggest Letdowns

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Vase Full Of Rocks, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm really curious to see what people consider their biggest letdowns/disappointments when it comes to bands & albums.

I think mine would have to be:

Two Tongues Two - Two Tongues:
    After their awesome debut album I believed their second outing would be more of a progression of that style, but instead they decided to go all low-fi and try to push out a Two Tongues version of Say Anything's "I Don't Think It Is" which didn't fit the songs at all. You could see the potential of good songs buried underneath terrible production.

Quinceanera - Vendetta Red:
    When Vendetta Red returned with two decent EPs things were looking good when they announced they were finally releasing a full length album. Unfortunately, the EPs completely misled me as their latest release is just a jarring and terrible attempt at branching out into different genres. It was clear that whatever the old members brought to the band was missing this time around and what I was left with in the end was a wasted $10.

Infomaniac - Nightmare Of You:
    I fell in love with Nightmare Of You's self titled album. Brandon's vocals and occasional screeches mashed together with incredibly relatable lyrics and catchy melodies really pulled me into something I hadn't experienced before. I was ecstatic when they announced a follow up, especially after their "Bang" EP. When they album released, I was confused. It sounded like the same band, but somewhat subdued. The songs were all lacking punch. None of their energy from their previous releases carried over and the band was pretty much dead in the water afterwards.

I have some more, but I thought this would be enough to get started.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh, The Spark by Enter Shikari would also be on my list.

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

For some reason I haven't clicked with Bully's newest album.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

the last three say anything records

Vase Full Of Rocks and slowheart like this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

last the World Is...

last Bon Iver

last Code Orange

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

X2 to two tongues 2.

The most recent Frank Turner.

The new Chvrches is still mostly great but there’s a few real clunker tracks I didn’t expect from them, and I did expect more from the album overall.

Weezer’s stretch of Make Believe, Red Album, Raditude, Hurley.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I feel kind of the same way. I feel like I need to give Hebrews another chance, but I Don't Think It Is did very little for me.

Ah! I totally forgot to put Be More Kind on here. It has some good tracks, but unfortunately has no flow. It's all over the place.

I'd like to add Motion City Soundtrack's Panic Stations to my list. I liked "Anything At All", "I Can Feel You" and "Days Will Run Away" but the rest just fell flat.

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

There's gotta be a band called Hot Takes right?

10. Horrorca

Trusted

not even saying it sucks - it just disappointed me because lp2 is big to me

I’m sorry I hurt your feelings

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

We’re cool, sorry if I spazzed

12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Newest Our Lady Peace. There are some songs I really like but overall it was a disappointment, especially after I felt their previous album was step in the right direction.

jorbjorb likes this.