Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug - So Much Fun (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Signifire, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

To clarify, the interview was conducted in late July so based on what Thug said it would actually be out in late September. But he’s been teasing Super Slimey 2 lately with Future, Lil Baby, and Gunna so I would expect that to come first. Maybe “Punk” by the end of the year? Either way, always super excited for whatever comes next.

2. Signifire

A rare Thug interview has appeared!

3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

how bad is the MGK feature?

I haven't listened because I'm trying not to ruin my favorite song on the album just yet

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

so many gems in that interview and i'm not even halfway through. at one point, he says that if he were president, he'd make it illegal to become a billionaire. wow

ChiliTacos, Signifire and angrycandy like this.
  5. Signifire

I wasn’t into it but I’m already so used to the original version so that could have a lot to do with it. Can’t say I’ve enjoyed any of MGK’s music before tho.

angrycandy likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So the original version is gone now?

7. angrycandy

it's so bad

8. Signifire

For Apple Music at least, if you already have the album downloaded then it won’t update unless you delete and re-download it. There were other changes made to many of the mixes and other minor changes to other songs as well however. So I’m kind of weighing my options here as far as not wanting the MGK verse but also wanting the better mixes.

9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Do you know what other songs also have changes?

10. Signifire Aug 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2019)
    Signifire

This is from Reddit

4E84E03C-ECD4-4F0A-B8D2-9D9A319681AE.jpeg

The biggest changes being mentioned besides the MGK feature are the removal of the intro on I Bought Her and an inferior mix on Surf. Other than that mostly mixing/mastering changes.

11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Someone made a list

Most songs just had general mix changes applied to the beats or the vocals that you might not be able to tell unless you listened side-by-side, but they mostly all slap harder in this update. here's a list of which songs were changed & a general description if available

1. Just How It Is
    3. Ecstasy (MGK replaces Thug's second verse)
    4. Hot ft. Gunna
    5. Light It Up
    6. Surf ft. Gunna (ad libs were changed)
    8. Lil Baby (ad libs changed throughout, outro sounds less trippy)
    10. I Bought Her ft. Duke (intro & outro changed, beat cuts out to acapella less)
    11. Jumped Out The Window (a lot of changes specifically to the instrumental, noticed a new riser on the intro)
    12. I'm Scared ft. 21 Savage & Doe Boy (new sounds added to the beat)
    13. Cartier Gucci Scarf ft. Duke
    14. Big Tipper ft. Lil Keed
    15. Pussy

Signifire likes this.
  12. cherrywaves

Trusted

One of my main gripes with the streaming era (of which I have many) is how easy it is to change/edit songs. I blame Kanye. Fuck you Kanye.

I mean nobody on earth asked for Rap Game Buckcherry to get a verse on here, for fuck sake

Signifire and Anthony Brooks like this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

MGK’s verse really makes the song worse... didnt expect much but the fact he replaces Thug’s second verse is disappointing as hell.

Signifire likes this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

They probably threw it on there since they have their tour coming up together but it’s a real garbage verse

15. Signifire

He was originally supposed to be on the album, it just didn’t make it in time so they had to add it in later. They talk about it in the interview. But yeah I just wish Thug didn’t cut one of his hardest verses from one of the best songs on the album smh.

OotyPa likes this.
  16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Bad bad bad needs to be a hit

riotspray and OotyPa like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Truly annoys me that XXL diluted all the nuance out of that one hour Thug interview and slapped on the most tabloid headline possible “Young Thug Says He’s Not Gay”

18. adding the MGK verse should drop the P4k score by almost a full point - the BNM should be rescinded

19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

really glad I downloaded this before MGK was added lol

this album slaps. haven't listened to Thug since On the Rvn I think but this might be where I get back into him

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Thug's comment sections on his latest posts are full of people telling him to take MGK off lol, any chance it actually happens with the backlash?

21. Signifire

Nope lol. Thug was pissed off that it wasn’t there to begin with. Can’t see him succumbing to pressure from his fans or label about something like that, unfortunately.

tdlyon likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It'd be one thing if he just added the verse but replacing literally his best verse on the album with fucking MGK is inexcusable

Signifire likes this.
  23. Signifire

Yeah lol it’s a terrible decision, the song was just perfect the way it was. I downloaded the album the night it dropped on Apple Music so I think if you did that it should stay the same. Otherwise the OG version is on YouTube I believe.

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I bought it on iTunes because I still do that lol. The title still updated on my phone to say (feat. MGK) but last time I checked the song itself was still the same. The fact that the title still changed worries me though

25. angrycandy

Ronald McDonald gave it a 7