Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug - So Much Fun (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Signifire, Jul 19, 2019.

1. congruence

Got a light?

I haven’t been smoking and only listened to this once so I don’t want to jump to any conclusions but considering this doesn’t have any solo Thug tracks like Slime Language did, along with the amount of filler/features that didn’t impress me, I just feel like this isn’t gonna be something I revisit

2. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I gotta eat my words, this thing is really good. Not like a Thug solo album good but he clearly takes the backseat here and lets his affiliates run the show and it works really well. You can tell a ton of time was put into this.

riotspray likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away

I only like a handful of songs. Probably one of his weakest projects for me.

4. Signifire

Tbf it’s not really a proper Thug solo album. Slime Language 1 wasn’t either but this is even less so. He lets his colleagues take the reigns and it’s more of a showcase for them than a Thug album. There’s a few absolute duds but it’s really respectable that he’s putting on all his people like this, and I think it hits more than it misses. It’s also cool that he put some lower tier artists on songs with big artists (Kid Cudi and Strick, T-Shyne and Meek Mill, for example) so that people are more likely to check out those songs.

riotspray and OotyPa like this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It’s definitely cool. I’ve had it in in the background while working and dig it.

6. congruence

Got a light?

Seeing the story of Unfoonk being his real brother made that song (which was already one of my favs) a whole lot better, the song with Travis is growing on me, Ski is pretty good, not a huge urge to listen to much else, I do think it’s cool that he’s so willing to help all his friends and family and put them in the spotlight but it would be more effective imo if he did it after releasing his own solo stuff so people wouldn’t automatically be let down by his overall absence on this

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

on Diamonds Dancing and this already way better than the first

8. angrycandy

what are you doing, Future?

Signifire likes this.
  9. angrycandy

T-Shyne has a bright future

Signifire likes this.
  10. Signifire

Haha. That chorus has grown on me a lot. Was totally thrown off by it at first.

angrycandy likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away

I love Came and Saw

Signifire likes this.
  12. congruence

Got a light?

Future may or may not have interpolated Nickelback on that ? lmao

angrycandy likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Also this is more known since they were also on I'm Up but HiDoraah and Dolly White are his real sisters

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Pretty into the first 8 and the cut with Future. Gotta revisit the rest to see if anything catches me again. The tracks with Unfoonk and Uzi are the major standouts.

15. Song with Unfoonk is incredible. The rest hasn't made much of an impression on me.

congruence likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

riotspray likes this.
  17. congruence

Got a light?

Some of the people I wasn’t familiar with are starting to stand out and the first half at least is catching on a bit

18. Signifire

Deluxe dropped last night, 8 new songs

congruence likes this.
  19. congruence

Got a light?

“Litty” is so crazy, Thug really spazzed on those flows jesus

OotyPa likes this.
  20. Signifire

Explosion is so hard

21. congruence

Got a light?

Thugger goes a lot harder on the deluxe imo, also as the first half of the album begins to grow on me, there’s probably a good 8-10 songs between the deluxe and the original album that are pretty listenable that I will have on replay

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This new Young Thug project is phenomenal. Every song is different, the projection is awesome. He’s got Nate Ruess and Jeff Bhasker on a song!!

23. angrycandy

it really is so multifaceted and I'm only about halfway through but it's all been very good

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Jesus I had no clue it was dropping

25. angrycandy

wonder why Tick Tock didn't make it on the album