Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug - So Much Fun (August 16, 2019) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Signifire, Jul 19, 2019.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

AWGE videos are always so cool

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the sequencing of this album is a lot better than I initially gave it credit for

love this thing so much

Signifire likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

probably my AOTY at this point

Signifire and angrycandy like this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away

Same. I listen to it almost everyday.

Signifire and riotspray like this.
  5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

riotspray and angrycandy like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Most influential rapper after 2015 I would buy but the 21st century is a bit of a stretch when Lil Wayne, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Future, etc exist lol

riotspray likes this.
  7. Signifire

I almost feel like he’s not MORE influential than Kanye, Future, or Wayne necessarily, but that he’s about on that same level. He’s responsible for a whole lot of what’s been hot in music pretty much since he came in the game. He’s at the front of the whole Atlanta wave, and now tons of rappers are trying to emulate him in different ways.

It’s a lot of what So Much Fun is about in a way. On those songs he was just kicking into gear, having perfected his craft and just enjoying being able to make these songs with ease. He seems like he’s beyond it all though, it’s a very restrained release. He’s said on a buncha interviews how the album was what he knew the people wanted.

angrycandy and riotspray like this.
  8. The Lucky Moose Oct 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The thing is, you can’t talk about the 21st century without mentioning 00s rappers like Nelly, Ja Rule etc. that very much paved the way for current styles of, uh, “melodic rapping”. Then there’s 50 Cent too. Eminem even, for what it’s worth. The whole Houston wave in the mid 00s was huge too for rap not from the East or West. T.I. too. Also, the impact of Outkast’s double album cannot be understated. Dipset too made a huge impact on the culture. Then there's the whole underground which had it's own developments, some of which went mainstrean. It appears that often when people say 21st century, they really just mean the last 10 years or so.

Also, this is a fun album. Did you guys check out the album cover in high res? It’s funny.

matthaber, OotyPa and riotspray like this.
  9. Signifire

Idk I mean I get what you’re saying but I disagree that those artists you mentioned are necessarily more influential than Thug. It’s a tough thing to gauge because there are so many factors but Thug has been such a big part of the past five+ years of hip hop culture. Lil Baby, Gunna, Lil Keed, SahBabii, NBA YoungBoy, Lil Gotit, Lil Yachty, PartyNextDoor, Migos, and even Drake have all acknowledged and tried to emulate his approach to music, and that’s not even scratching the surface. He’s also received praise from practically every big name out there, from Eminem to Paul McCartney. Sure, Thug’s music might sound different today without artists like 50 and Nelly paving the way with their melodically inclined sensibilities, but that doesn’t take away from the massive impact Thug has had on the music industry.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m not saying he isn’t one of the most influential, I just think people almost only mentioned artists from the last 10 years which is incomplete is all

matthaber, riotspray and Signifire like this.
  11. Signifire

Gotcha, that’s fair then, I can get down with that. There are a lot of artists in the conversation for sure, I don’t think I could narrow it down to just one.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. Signifire

riotspray and angrycandy like this.
  13. angrycandy

song of the year

riotspray and Signifire like this.
  14. Signifire

Can believe they added Travis to the song lol. The definition of HOT this year.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Travis's part is really good

16. OotyPa

fall away

Halftime came on shuffle and I was reminded how much of damn good song that is.

riotspray and Signifire like this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

he has sooooooo many great songs. it's really unbelievable

Signifire and Tom like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Drippin' is probably the most insane trap song ever

OotyPa and Anthony Brooks like this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That’s All>>>

20. angrycandy

when we getting this second album, Thugger?

riotspray likes this.
  21. Sasidhar Vankina

Anyone else kinda disappointed with the recent album? I feel like BTG and Barter 6 were so good it's gonna be hard to ever top for him

22. OotyPa

fall away

BTG and Barter 6 are masterpieces, but So Much Fun is a different vibe for me. It's infinitely replayable and I've grown to love nearly every song minus two. I personally love it and think it'll make my top 5 of the year.

23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I like this one way more than BTG

angrycandy likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think So Much Fun might be my favorite record of his. Jefferey is right there too.

angrycandy likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

BTG, Jefferey, and Barter 6 are better than this one imo but I still love this album

Signifire likes this.