Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug - JEFFERY (August 26,2016) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Aug 25, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

My favorite release of the year.

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw Ye, going to Chance in 2 weeks, now Thug in December. Feeling blessed.

Signifire likes this.
  4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

no milwaukee madison or chicago booo

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

tempted to go

6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wish there was a better opener than 21 Savage, but I was considering traveling to see Thug this year, so I can't complain.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

DopeFile.pk

young thug and yg song on the new DJ mustard album.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yo savage is sick that record was great

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have to give it another spin. I liked the Metro Boomin production, but Savage himself didn't really grab me at all.

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Savage mode might have the best production of the year, metro really hit a new level

12. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

IMG_0275.PNG

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

How do you feel about Savage as a rapper?

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i think he's effective at what he's going for, he's not a pyrotechnical display but i think on savage mode at least he kind of hits the sweet spot. i'm never gonna point to him as a technically accomplished rapper or even one that makes me feel a wide range of emotions but he definitely hits his mark on that tape

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

16. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Okay I'm just seeing this now that Thugger and 21 are touring. I'm so there. Savage Mode is great.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yall should watch this if youre interested in how some thug's biggest songs plus the rich gang tape got made. alex is a really stand up dude

matthaber and ChiliTacos like this.
  18. Tom

Wow I'm only 5 minutes in and this is already great.

sophos34 likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it gets really crazy. he talks about the rich gang leaks and stuff.

20. Tom

Gotta write this paper on prison reform for my Gov class, but I think I'm gonna procrastinate that a little more and continue watching this :crylaugh:. Just looked this guy up because I've honestly never looked into too many hip-hop producers, but holy shit this guy has worked with everyone...

sophos34 likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

see hes not a producer, hes an engineer, which you REALLY dont hear a lot about in hip-hop but they're crucial to crafting songs as you'll learn in this lecture. and like for example, 40 produces and has been producing for drake for years and years but 40's engineering has been just as integral to building drake's sound as his production. prob biased since im trying to be an audio engineer but the people on that end dont get enough credit a lot of the time

t_papaccio likes this.
  22. Tom

ah yes I get that terminology mixed up a lot. But I completely see how engineering is so important to the process. Very interesting how this guy has worked with almost every big rap artist, while like you said, doesn't get much credit from the mainstream.

sophos34 likes this.
  23. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this lecture is endlessly interesting. thank you for posting

sophos34 likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

watched this while i was high last night and i was completely captivated the entire time. would love to watch more shit like this. gave me a whole new appreciation for engineers and really thug too (as if i needed to appreciate him anymore than i already do).

sophos34 likes this.
  25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Alex Tumay GOAT and worth following on Twitter too.

sophos34 likes this.