Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young Thug - Beautiful Thugger Girls (June 16, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Signifire, Jun 13, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Never really listened to Young Thug much, I think I listened to a few songs in the past and thought it just wasn't for me. Decided to give album a chance since it's I guess his official debut?

Pretty darn solid I gotta say, especially dig Oh Yeah.

4. algae Jun 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2017)
    algae

Regular Prestigious

thank you honestly dont know if i wouldve gotten this in time if it wasnt for you im buying tickets rn

cwhit likes this.
  5. algae

Regular Prestigious

I was watching an instagram live where Young Thug explains his face tattoos and it's almost all honoring family he's known that's been killed at startingly young ages. i think people don't respect Thug enough or attempt to really understand where he's coming from but it's important to think about how much death and violence has surrounded his life.

I feel like people become so desensitized to the idea of an artist being a person especially when it's an artist on this level. I don't think Thugger is the most well-spoken person but I don't think a great artist needs to be. His music should be able to stand on its own and I think it does.

Lying beneath the surface is a deep commitment to making sure his family and friends are living comfortably. Understanding his past makes this core value throughout much of his music a very heartbreaking but inspiring thing. Capitalism is evil but Jeffery deserves all the money in the world.

tucah, Joel, sophos34 and 7 others like this.
  6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I got the door unlocked
    And I know right now she'd rather have my dick than a watch .... (FACTS!)

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

algae and CarpetElf like this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is such a huge problem on so many levels in genres across the board. people forget these are humans and feel like they can treat them and demand whatever they want out of them. i couldn't imagine the pressure of being an artist and having demands barked at you by supposed fans all day every day.

Aaron Mook, algae, CarpetElf and 2 others like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

10. congruence

Got a light?

This is currently my AOTY, just so varied and consistent, everyday I wake up with a different song in my head. Also got lucky and will be in New York the day of the release show so just grabbed a ticket

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Safe almost sounds like it could have been on here

12. algae

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, no one in the live chat really acknowledged that he was talking about a really personal and vulnerable topic. People were literally just like "where's the new album" at best and "are you gay" at worst. I know it's the internet but I don't think it's an excuse to treat someone like that.

He even stopped midway through to ask "Is the person who asked me to explain my face tattoos even listening?" It's so disheartening to see especially so many young Black artists being treated like shit again, history repeats itself unfortunately.

I literally can't believe how hard Thug is working without receiving the same respect a White peer would get if they released such an incredible body of work in a short amount of time.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

holy shit

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That's really cool.

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

16. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Idk if I've said as much but this is my favorite project he's put out, and its crazy that he's only 25 and has put out several of my all time favorite releases in the genre.

Shit I can vibe out to every song on here. Even On Fire has grown on me tremendously, even though his delivery on much of it was pretty off-putting at first. I was singing along to "Three, three, three threeeeee-some" just now in my car.

algae likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah at first I liked this a fair amount, but my gawd has it grown on me.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to spend more time with this. Just too much stuff to listen to recently.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Anyone go to the show last night?

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Nvm, one of my buddies went because I found about the terminal 5 show from you guys. He said Thug Played all of EEBTG, brought out Lil Yachty to play 3 songs, then played some older stuff.

So thanks for letting us know about that show. Sounds like it was an amazing show

Signifire, suicidesaints and OotyPa like this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit that sounds like a dream

OotyPa and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That sounds great. When I saw Thug last December he played for less than an hour, and half of that time he was either backstage changing clothes, or on stage dancing to other people's songs. When he was actually performing, it was great, but I hoped for a little more.

23. algae

Regular Prestigious

Was there, never attended a Thug show before but from what I could tell in videos I've seen previously he seems to be really trying to push his vocal performance.

I think he might've gotten to Oh Yeah before he brought out Yachty and then played a few older tracks. Dont think he ever got to For Y'all or Take Care. Really cool performance but the crowd was gross and the venue was musty.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It took me a second to realize thugger was the one you were calling daddy, and I was like flattered but

Aaron Mook, Owlex and sophos34 like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Ian you're daddy too

Aaron Mook and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.