Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young The Giant - Mirror Master (October 12, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Aug 27, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

2. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Love Superposition. Simplify is not my favorite, but I am anticipating this. Their last album was great, but hopefully this sticks more.

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'm not huge on Simplify either, I find the chorus a little lame
    Superposition is great though

4. irthesteve

Agreed on both of the above, Simplify is fine enough overall but Superposition is better fo sure

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Really digging both of these songs, actually. Getting some Coldplay vibes from "Simplify."

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Not a fan of simplified but very much looking forward to the rest of the album

7. irthesteve

mad likes this.
  8. Mort Michaels

I wish this band was more popular on here. 3/3 for me. Great song.

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yeah this one is very good

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Been a while since I've checked new stuff from this band, will definitely check this album out when it drops. Still adore their debut.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Never gave them much thought before, but after listening to them leading up to Riot Fest and seeing them there, I'm looking forward to this album. Heat of the Summer is an incredible song.

12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea I absolutely love their debut

You ever listen to them as The Jakes? They had this EP named Shake My Hand which is phenomenal

13. irthesteve

The first Jakes album is actually really great also, despite definitely sounding like a younger band without as much money haha

14. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I really like that album too but definitely not the best produced album and a little more raw. Sycamore Street is such a jam though

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Mort Michaels

I loved Texas Tea. These guys are hometown heroes, so I kept up with them when they started to blow up a bit.

TSLROCKS and irthesteve like this.
  16. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

This comment got me to go back to this album and it’s so great. I’m loving it

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This album is really great. Never gotten into a whole album from these guys but this one is really hitting the spot for me today.

18. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Not a fan of Call Me Back but Heat of the Summer is so good that it makes up for it

19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

A lot of the tracks or hit or miss for me

Love Heat of the Summer into Oblivion though.

Tightrope is great too

20. irthesteve

This album is suuuuper interesting, not what I expected at all. Goign to need some more listens, but I think I dig it

21. RoKKeR Oct 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2018)
    RoKKeR

The Fly

Have only spun it once but I think I’m going to end up liking it a lot. The final breakdown in Tightrope had me yelling in my car, what a jam.

22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Every album they come up with a few songs that remind you how great they could be....and then the rest of the album is fine. "Superposition" is a ludicrously good jam and the best song Incubus never released.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

The more I listen to this, the more I’m convinced that “Superposition” is a top 3 YTG song

RoKKeR likes this.
  24. azzy01

Regular

Finally gave this a proper listen and I'm digging it a lot. Wish I gave it more attention when it dropped

25. azzy01

Regular

Superposition, call me back, heat of the summer, panaromic girl, you+ I are some of their best written songs and should be huge