Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Me At Six Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Jul 13, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to Night People, but I did actually really like this. I think it picks up even more in the second half when they lean into the pop style a little more.

beachdude likes this.
  2. Been listening to VI and I don't love the whole thing but there are some undeniable bangers on here. Felt the same way about Night People. Haven't heard anything from their first four albums, are any of them worth diving into? I'm wondering if there's a complete album in their back catalog or if they are more of a singles band.

beachdude likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Imo their first three albums are all pretty solid front to back. Maybe listen to Sinners Never Sleep next if you like the later album stuff.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  4. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Frankly, I didn't even know they still made music, but this new song is awesome. And all proceeds from the song are being donated to help the wildfires in Australia.

beachdude likes this.
  5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

I've lost a lot of interest in them over the last two albums, this new sound they appear to be going for is intriguing.

smowashere likes this.
  7. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah I don't mind this new album at all

smowashere and beachdude like this.
  8. beachdude

Yeah I definitely think this is their best in a while. Pretty diverse album, there's a couple tracks I'm meh on but most of it works.

smowashere likes this.
  9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Yeah actually digging this one

beachdude likes this.
  10. BenSmith94

Trusted

They've always been way more of a singles band than an albums band. This doesn't change anything in my opinion of them, but at least it's consistently good throughout and there's only one track which comes off as meh.

beachdude likes this.
  11. Yeah this is pretty much on par with the last 2 albums for me. 2 or 3 songs that I love and the rest are good but don't really draw me in

12. BenSmith94

Trusted

I remember listening to VI and thinking Fast Forward was an awesome opener...and then the rest of the album went downhill fast.

13. beachdude

Adrenaline is the meh track for me lol not sure which is it for you... that one sounds like an Imagine Dragons knockoff to me.

14. VI is probably the closest I've come to liking a complete album by them. Back Again and 3AM are so groovy. But I still don't really connect with like half the album.

15. BenSmith94

Trusted

Kill the Mood for me. Adrenaline is fine. Really liking Makemefeelalive, Beautiful Way and Glasgow

beachdude likes this.
  16. beachdude

Definitely agree with those standouts, Glasgow is my favorite on the album.

17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

“Deep Cuts” is actually…not terrible?

Phantoms likes this.
  18. Phantoms

Regular

Deep Cuts is their best in quite a while for me. Made me pretty excited for the upcoming album.

earthlight likes this.
  19. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

The album art is nothing short of ghastly but these 3 new songs are great. Easily the most I've liked the band in the past decade.

[​IMG]

1. ‘DEEP CUTS
    2. ‘Mixed Emotions (I Didn’t Know How to Tell You What I Was Going Through)’
    3. ‘God Bless The 90s Kids’
    4. ‘After Love In The After Hours’
    5. ‘No Future? Yeah Right’ (feat. Rou Reynolds)
    6. ‘heartLESS’
    7. ‘Who Needs Revenge When I’ve Got Ellen Rae’
    8. ‘Breakdown’
    9. ‘Traumatic Iconic’
    10. ‘:mydopamine:’
    11. ‘A Smile To Make You Weak(er) At The Knees’
    12. ‘Ultraviolence’
    13. ‘A Love Letter to Those Who Feel Lost’ (feat. Cody Frost)

20. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

hahaha ghastly is absolutely the right word

i feel similarly though, they're on their best run since cavalier youth

smowashere and Phantoms like this.
  21. almightykingdom

post RADICAL

Stopped listening after Cavalier Youth but SUCKAPUNCH was so damn good, hope TD can follow it up with that same energy. That album art is something though...I thought the aesthetic/vibe of the single art was good. Keep it simple.

Phantoms likes this.
  22. I interviewed Josh!

23. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Listening to Truth Decay, it's their best album since Sinners Never Sleep.

Phantoms likes this.
  24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Really not feeling this one, and I even enjoyed some of SUCKAPUNCH

25. BenSmith94

Trusted

SUCKKAPUNCH was a good record, fight me. I much preferred it to VI and Night People. Haven't listened to the new one, but Sinners and Cavalier Youth are their best (although I'd argue they're a singles band more than an album band).