Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Me at Six – “Heavy Soul”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

That's half the album they've released now. Strange how some bands try to keep the majority of songs unheard before the album drops while others do the exact opposite.

jlinitz likes this.
  3. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I was thinking the same thing, I stopped listening to these singles I just want to hear the album

James McKenzie likes this.
  4. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I don't even understand this marketing technique though. This album was announced in what? August? For a January release? That's kind of ridiculous. Marina and the Diamonds did the same thing with Froot and it just irritated me. I don't want to hear a new song every other week, I just want the album.

5. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Not everyone enjoys processing an album with all the songs at once. I personally get into songs much easier given intervals as 'singles'. I like to take the time to learn the song without the overwhelming impulse to skip to the next song. Then I can re-enjoy them again seeing the transition on the album.

You have a choice to listen to this song. So what's the problem?

6. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

marketing for this record was abysmal