Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You, Me, And Everyone We Know (Official Thread) Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jacob Tender, Mar 10, 2016.

1. You, Me, And Everyone We Know we're a rock band from DC/PA fronted by Benjamin Liebsch.

Discuss this band.

2. YMAEWK has called it quits.That sort of sucks. My first and only time out on tour was with Ben.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

RIP, I really loved all their releases. I hope he continues on with music in some fashion

4. Yeah, super bummed about this. Hope he's doing well and that he keeps making music. There's not a bad release in their catalog, and Ben's has been post-hiatus.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

used to be my fav band, ben's still a bit of a shitty dude though for what he did. good songwriter though

6. Jesus, let it go. Dude talks about it at almost every show. He's apologized enough, don't you think?

7. cwhit

I mean I don't see him in the same light as I did but still being a bit turned off because of what he did? I feel I'm allowed to think that way. I mean I even paid to see him in the last year so I must not think that poorly of him.

8. Enough to say:
    It's one thing to feel a way about a thing, another to say that someone is still shitty for that thing despite apologies and all that.

9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Last year he seemed so confident in the comeback, he even made mention of releasing a full length sometime this year under that moniker, so I dont understand what happened between then and now. Hope he still makes music and this is just him shedding the name.

What Ben did was shitty but I dont think that makes him a shitty person. He's come a long way.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They were so good on the Have Mercy tour. Really wanted to catch them again. :tear:

11. cwhit

consistently better though

Jacob Tender likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

yeah way better

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

First EP definitely was a FOB-mixed-with-SA kinda thing, but the band definitely didn't sound anything like Say Anything by the end

TraptinaTrunk likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I only listened to one album, but I don't remember it sounding like Say Anything. I probably wouldn't have been able to finish it.

15. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

YMAEWK is dead. long live YMAEWK

Cameron likes this.
  16. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i like the song about the elephants on his chest

JRGComedy likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Happy Birthday is probably my favorite song by them.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That ones definitely up there for me. "I can get back up now"...I think that's what it's called, is amazing too.

Cameron likes this.
  19. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

It's crazy how much of a nostalgia trip Grown and Sexy is for me. It's like a time-capsule opens up and I remember what I was doing around the time I started listening to it years ago. Still love that and So Young So Insane.

Cameron likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That's how Some Things...is for me. I remember exactly where I was when I heard that album.

JRGComedy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Reviving this thread because Ben's been teasing something on the YMAEWK twitter. Most likely the final Chicago show that's been promised for a while. I mean I wish it was a tour or a new release, but it's probably just that show.

troyplaysbass and Cameron like this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The Next 20 Minutes is underrated.

23. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The final EP, whichever one had "Better Men" on it, is still so fucking good. Also, substance abuse does not imply a shitty person.

24. cwhit

stealing money from the band as well as other things however...

25. CoffeeEyes17

He was dealing with alcoholic abuse which caused him to do shitty things. He has since rectified that, consistently apologized and donated to alcoholic assistance groups, in addition to making up with his previous bandmates. Let it go Casey.

Joe4th, FTank, Anthony_D'Elia and 2 others like this.