Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Blew It! Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

definitely label stuff though, i think they had planned this to be on jade tree

2. milogoestoprison

If it is a Jade Tree thing, as I also suspect, that would explain the hold up of Spirit of the Beehive's album too. Jade Tree's short-lived period of activity gave us Dogs On Acid and Spraynard records and Pioneer of Nothing at least. They killed in 2015.

3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Is there something wrong with Jade Tree?

4. milogoestoprison

Judging by the fact they haven't released anything this year and a band they planned to release an album for jumped ship to a different label, I'd say they're no longer an active label again.

5. cwhit

The timing seems eerily like when Zack jumped ship to label manage Procrastinate as well...

6. milogoestoprison

Jade Tree always put out awesome music, but had a history of not living up to some of their bands expectations of a label at the end. Specifically, These Arms Are Snakes and Fucked Up come to mind. It's a bummer if it's happening again, as it appears. A label is just a label, but they were one that I discovered a lot of cool music through.

I didn't know Zack left for Procrastinate, but that would have been an indicator of trouble to me too.

Sorry to derail You Blew It conversation with my Jade Tree talk.

7. cwhit

I'm not sure Zack left for Procrastinate because of Jade Tree not working out, I feel like he left and then Jade Tree fell apart
    Though of course I can't make more than an assumption here

8. milogoestoprison

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

10. cwhit

they toured with the wonder years
    so i mean

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

letlive pop-punk band. Got it. Honesty that's what I figured and people have for ever used that term interchangeably and sometimes understandably so.

12. cwhit

letlive warped tour band on warped tour tour
    warped tour emo bands are pop punk
    boom

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Ronnie Radke-Warped Tour-Letlive-Wonder Years-You own a Wonder Years shirt-you like Emporer X thus they are a shitty band.

We can do this all day baby.

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This band has enough pop hooks for me so I get why someone might call them pop punk

Anyway wow this song is super fucking good. Like this might immediately be their best song

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

are hooks enough to make you a pop punk band lol? but I get it, and why they get that kind of blurring of the lines coverage sometimes. but it doesn't matter, genre distinctions are still arbitrary etc
    AGREED I also think this might be their best song like hooooly shit that was a nice leap

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  18. cwhit

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

its been a real rush i can tell you that

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I liked this. Thought it was really interesting you compared KDWYD with Celebration Rock and The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us. Lyrically I think this is the opposite of those, containing none of the romanticism or the zest for life anthems, but I think I get what you mean from a sonic standpoint in that it's lean, to the point (emo)tional indie rock that works heavily in service of the lyrical themes.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

So this has bothered me ever since I heard Grow Up, Dude, but never thought to ask anyone about it. Yet as many times as I play this album, it bugs me every time! Can someone please confirm that on "Good for Bond, Bad for You", there is a beeping noise at the 2:54-2:55 mark? I swear I'm not crazy.

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i just listened on Spotify and didn't hear anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. crunchprank

Oh geez. Maybe I am going crazy... :x Thanks for checking lol

24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

maybe it's something with your copy, are you listening on iTunes or something?

25. crunchprank

I have the MP3s from the download card that came with my LP as well as I hear it on Spotify!