Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Blew It! Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 8, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup Mar 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2016)
    AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

You Blew It! is an indie/punk band from Orlando, Florida. They formed in 2009 and as of now has released two LPs and 5 EPs
    Their most recent LP, Keep Doing What You're Doing, was released in 2014 on Topshelf and their most recent EP, Pioneer of Nothing, was released in 2015 on Jade Tree
    The band is comprised of Tanner Jones on Vocals/Guitar, Andrew Anaya on Guitar, Andrew Vila on Bass, Matt "Party Matt Nasty" Nissley on Drums, and Trevor O'Hare on Guitar (who doesn't tour)
    -----

downloaded all of the band's back-catalog from Topshelf when they had free downloads for the labels anniversary.
    other than the production quality on Grow Up Dude being really bad I love most of those songs.

really can't wait for LP3 this year

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Super sweet guys, their session at the station last year ruled.
    Hope this record rules, haven't loved any of their records but they've all been good with flashes of greatness

3. AndrewSoup

I fuckin love KDWYD and loved their direction on Pioneer of Nothing. I'm interested to see if they're gonna have more mid-tempo/slower stuff on the new LP like they did on "Your Side"

4. AndrewSoup

such a good fuckin song

collin512 likes this.
  5. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

I can't wait for this next LP. KDWYW was good but there's only a few songs I keep going back to. Pioneer of Nothing was fantastic however.

6. AndrewSoup

I should've stuck around after their show at Bottom of the Hill and chatted (i'm awful at casual small talk with people i don't know, tho)

7. AndrewSoup

haha, nice. some of the few instances of me chatting it up with bands are when i saw Runaway Brother (put me on the guest list for their small west coast tour) and the two times I saw The Hotelier, Christian actually approached me and remembered me from Twitter

8. Sophos

Regular

one of the best bands in their lane for sure

9. AndrewSoup

i really hope their touring hiatus ends soon cuz i miss them

one of my favorite tours was seeing them with Tiny Moving Parts and Rozwell Kid a December or two ago

10. atlas

Trusted

I saw these guys last year at Summerfest. I felt kind of bad for them, they had the same time slot as Coheed who were up next (like an hour and a half) and they did not have that much material, so they joked around and jammed for a good portion of that time lol

11. AndrewSoup

i mean, they'd've had two albums at that point

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

They just released a benefit ep full of demos with proceeds going to The Center Orlando.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Aaron Mook and Brenden like this.
  14. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I was so excited to see these guys live but spent their entire set in line trying to get in when they opened for the TWY/MCS tour. They were siked when I bought their discography at the show and chatted with me awhile. Talked about the hell that is Ikea which is what I had to go to before I went to the show.

15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure the new album is completed. Saw they were in the studio with Evan Weiss at the beginning of the year. What label are they on now?

16. AndrewSoup

they're on Jade Tree

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i wish they were playing with a band better than TBS but ya know, good for them

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm thoroughly interested in that tour, actually

19. AndrewSoup

me too! i've never seen TBS live so i'm really excited

Zac Djamoos likes this.

20. This sounds amazing.

21. AndrewSoup

oh shit, new YBI this year?? and here i thought they were gonna put out the full length on Jade Tree!

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, I'm surprised this isn't coming out on Jade Tree, that seemed to be the indication from everyone involved. Triple Crown is just scooping up a lot of these bands lately huh. Nice, good for them. Sounds like Pioneer of Nothing was a good primer for this.

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I've been waiting for this since I saw they were recording with Evan Weiss during the winter. So pumped.

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, I thought this would've been out sooner than this since it's seemingly been done for a while, so the label stuff must've been a bit of a setback.

25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think people don't realize how much the delayed vinyl production times delay albums being announced.