Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Blew It Announce Final Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tshreve

Metalicca

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Damn, this band kept getting better and better. This is a huge bummer.

4. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Fuck.

5. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Not surprised. Newest album didn't do much to help them stand out. Bummer.

6. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Idk how successful their latest album was but they became such a well known staple of the more popular emo revival bands! Tbh I prefer their OG bassist’s band You’ll Live but YBI will always hold a place in my heart smh they lasted longer than most other groups in the scene.

7. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

As much as I hated to admit it, Abendrot did absolutely nothing for me. I really wanted to like it. But everything else they touched was pure gold. Surprised to see them going away.

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not entirely shocked that they're taking a break. Most bands of their ilk tend to have a very finite ceiling, and they've been at that ceiling for a few years now... I'm sure they'll all go on to form new bands that will be in a similar vein (with a slightly different twist) and occasionally get back together to play some YBI! shows which will probably sell just a bit better than their current shows do because "reunion."

Regardless of my cynical perspective, they were a really solid band who released some fantastic music and I liked pretty much everything they released as a band.

9. CMilliken

Trusted

Definitely thought their last album was their best. Bummer.

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

will go down as one of the best in the scene. don't stay gone too long, Abendrot is perfect.

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

My heart just sank reading this.

12. :(

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well, I for one really hope it's not a long break! and personally I loved Abendrot, it was in my TOP 5 last year!