Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Blew It! - Abendrot (November 11, 2016) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 19, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

how zack made jade tree a real label again and then bailed and all the bands that signed to the label had to figure their shit out again

Contender likes this.
  2. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

This physically hurts me, will forever be my favorite of the new emo crop

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i only ever had the pleasure of seeing them once, back in like early 2015 i think. i'm praying they have some reunions at some point down the road. i couldn't bear to not ever see them again :tear:

4. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Probably getting a YBI tattoo for my birthday now, this band meant everything to me and now my day is ruined

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

a day of ups and downs

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sad news. Never got into Abendrot but loved this band.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't really want to assume any further, but that tweet, as well as follow up tweets by Tanner on the subject, days before they announced this makes me think that this was probably a pretty big factor in the decision, or at least it led to larger issues that ultimately led to the final decision.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very sad... Their Fest set is going to be great though I'm really excited for that.

Never was able to get into the new album but Keep Doing What You're Doing meant a lot to me and got me through a pretty rough time when it came out

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

:(

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

YBI will forever be one of my fav bands from this scene. Happy to say i got to see them live a couple times.

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think it was more they were never able to break out of the emo scene even though they as a band had broken from that sound sonically.

12. :( Abendrot was amazing, this sucks.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Fuck this. This band was huge for me for a long time. Sad day

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. I remember streaming Grow Up, Dude! on a school computer when AP premiered it and instantly falling in love. This band just kept getting better and better, it's a real shame to see them go.

KidLightning likes this.
  15. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I just remember randomly finding them on bandcamp in 2012 around when Grow Up Dude came out.

16. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Sadly I think Abendrot ‘bombed’, despite the fact it’s a great album. The change in sound plus releasing it so late in a year that was stacked for releases (and when most publications had already closed off on covering new stuff for the year and were focusing on their year end lists) means it never really built the momentum it should have. There’s so much music readily available now that unfort a lot of people are too quick to write off anything that doesn’t immediately click and/or is a departure from a band’s existing sound. They were clearly trying to branch out from the scene and go in a different direction and it’s a real shame it didn’t work for them, but they aren’t the first band from this scene to not succeed in this endeavour and sadly won’t be the last.

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Back in 2010 or 2011 these guys played a show with my old band in Tampa. Basically no one showed up to the show except the bands and maybe four or five other people. We all basically got drunk together and acted like the biggest fans of each others bands when each band was on stage. It was a fun time. I think I still have footage somewhere from that night. I'm going to be rocking them all day today.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Damn that really sucks.

I'll need to give their new album another listen now. Will always love Keep Doing... though.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

How big of a departure was Abendrot, really? Like, when I listen to it it's different from the old stuff but still rooted in stuff from this scene. I am kind of just now getting that they were trying to push out of their associations but not sure I'd get that from the music alone

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Personally I think it was a big departure from the sound of their personal music, but actually leaned into emo more, as opposed to an emo/pop-punk blend.

Probably we'll never really know exactly what happened. Hopefully the members will continue on with different projects.

teebs41 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'd say that's accurate, I hear like. Manchester Orchestra, Pedro The Lion, Death Cab, mwY, that type of thing so if they tried to breakaway it went completely over my head

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The album is what it is on record but in my opinion doesn't translate well into their live show especially with the other songs and the energy of the band/crowd during the old songs

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Crowds are always kinda lame for new stuff imo, least til they learn the new stuff. But I can see how it wouldn't mesh with the old stuff live for sure.

24. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

As a concert go-er for the past decade, I can confidently say that the average of any crowd is at least one album behind at any given time.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  25. I set up that premiere!

jordalsh, Aaron Mook and teebs41 like this.