Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

You Blew It! - Abendrot (November 11, 2016) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Sep 19, 2016.

1. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This is number 9 on my aoty list so far as it clicked hard with me over the last couple of weeks. In a year's time it wouldn't surprise me if, on reflection, it was actually top 5.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Finished 9 for me too!

TheBaroness likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

[​IMG]

wat a fucken tour

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

5. bedwettingcosmo

same except for feb 17

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

im not sad at all that this is skipping toronto..... nope.......:verysad::verysad::verysad:

7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I need to hear both of these band's latest releases soon.

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to the show in Raleigh

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Listened to this today, and feel like everything they pulled from Death Cab pulled them a little too far off balance from some of their ability to let loose. Still love this as much as Keep Doing but feels like this should've been a lot farther ahead.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is head and shoulders above their past material imo

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel like the songwriting is tighter, they learned how to pull back, but that they're still doing a little balancing. Like, on Pioneer of Nothing, it worked perfectly, partly because it's a smaller release, partly because there was a series of build ups and releases of tension. But this album is more tension than release, which isn't inherently bad, but kind of feels like they didn't go as far forward as they COULD'VE gone. That being said, not denying they definitely took a step forward

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

:(

13. what no

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

No they were poised for a great future

15. bedwettingcosmo

goodbye

16. cwhit

this one hurts, the worst thing about some band breakups for me is that it makes it nearly impossible to ever see and say hi to specific people ever again. huge bummer

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuckkk why?

18. This is just the worst

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm guessing this is a big part of the reason:

This is a huge bummer. I was really excited to see where they went.

I'm just glad that after seeing them three times on accident (because they kept opening for shows I went to and I kept meaning to listen to them more but never got to it), I finally got to see them as an actual fan on the tour with All Get Out & Free Throw.

20. jols

Trusted Prestigious

hmm. i'd assume there are bigger reasons for a band ending than perception based on word association and feeling typecast.

21. cwhit

real life? not feeling happy writing and performing within the band? just burnt out? lots of reasons that can happen to anyone in a band especially one that's not a full time money making thing

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Sad news. I'll have to give Abendrot a spin later today.

23. jols

Trusted Prestigious

that's what i'm saying.

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Maybe the Jade Tree stuff was a bigger setback than imagined. Seemed like they were quieter then than they meant to be before triple crown picked them up

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Jade tree stuff?