Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowstone (Paramount Network) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Ferrari333SP Feb 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2022)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, that was one heck of an episode. Although, I don't remember at all seeing how/when the survivors left the wagon group and escaped the Indians; I thought all the wagons banded together, and then the Indians killed them all, but apparently not

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man, that was something. I know they plan on extending 1883 somehow, but that was a perfect ending to the show. I’m not the type to say “they shouldn’t do more” when it comes to shows or movies, but it would make total sense to do an anthology style series with all of these year-based shows where they tell the story then move on. I loved 1883 so I have faith in them, but I just don’t know if I can keep up with like four+ concurrent Yellowstone shows lol.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fuck, what a beautiful way to end the season. Couldn't have ended it better really. Got me tearing up a bit at several points.

Not sure we need to see the 1932 period of the Dutton story, but if anyone can pull off all these shows, Taylor Sheridan can.

4. dallasc

Trusted

Horsey show good,

Great finale really pleased with how the whole season rounded out.
    Seems a bit odd that they’re going to do a season two of 1883 presumable set at least a few years later and then a whole new show set like 30 years after that but fuck it I’m in give me all of it

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. thebloodhound

Regular

I'm 8 episodes through 1883 after being slow to start.
    Enjoying it quite a lot more as the season builds.

I can't help but laugh with Taylor inserting himself in the recent episode (with a horrible beard!)

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  6. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Good show. Very different than Yellowstone. I can see a second season. Tim and Faith can be the protagonist(s) now.
    Makes we wonder if John is going to give the land back now if the 7 gens are up.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

“Official” 2nd season will be that 1932 show. However they will be releasing extra episodes of 1883, like four of them or something, to give us a bit more time with these characters. And yeah I think Yellowstone the series will end with John Dutton giving up the ranch/land to Rainwater/the local tribe, as a way to probably keep it out of rich developer hands. Kaci kind of alludes to this after his Indian ceremony, where he says he saw the end of us, maybe alluding to the Duttons leaving the land

RaginCajun likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I like that idea. I always sort of thought they might go that route eventually anyway, especially considering they’ve narrowed down John’s only (biological) heirs being possible through Kayce…which means they’re also going to have Native blood. So eventually that would probably cause some problems for the Duttons anyway.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Youtube comment - think this has a chance of actually playing out

"I believe Yellowstone Dutton’s end up in Texas at the 4 6’s ranch since John Dutton invested Million dollars in prime horses, quite an investment and the best trainers for these horses"

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That was a pretty good video and definitely makes sense. I had posted my prediction above (with Tate being key to handing the land over to the Natives) before I really even connected anything about the "seventh generation" foreshadowing.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. thebloodhound

Regular

Just finished 1883.

Would love it to be the single season only. The last couple of episodes were gripping and the way the ending tied in with the Yellowstone story was great.

Some brilliant performances from the cast

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

How was there never a mention of the girl who opened the bomb and what happened to her? Beth mentioned how Jamie should be charged for three counts of attempted murder... but no chance that person survived that bombing seeing how bad Beth came out of it.

I know there's other stuff in the show that happens and then is never mentioned again (Like Jamie murdering the journalist, and what the story would have spilled out), but having watched all four seasons In 2 weeks (thanks to a quarantine for travel) it's all a blur now.

Edit: Oh! The dinosaur bones... how did nothing else really come from that? Some guy with a drone spotting them, but then being chased and nothing else. I dunno... that was a weird bit.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dude I completely forgot about the dinosaur bones scene. I thought that was going to lead to some arc where even more people were trying to claim the land for themselves in order to start a dig site. But then the plotline just disappeared.

A lot of stuff like that is what makes me start to not "trust" the writers/showrunners because I just don't get the sense that a lot of it will payoff or have any significance. This is partially why 1883 felt much more solid - it wasn't nearly as bloated with irrelevant plot points and storylines that were ultimately unimportant.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Lol the dinosaur bones. Totally forgot about that

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That's amazing. I know they aren't revealing who those actors will play in the series, but any guesses? James Dutton from 1883 would be like 90-ish by the 1930s so doubtful he's even alive, but who knows.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still find it hilarious that the main Yellowstone show is still only shown on Peacock and not Paramount+

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My Dad loves this show so much (he watches the seasons over and over), that he decided to paint over this sign in their front yard (which used to say “Farm Fork”, which we didn’t know the meaning of; was there when they moved in in the early 80’s) with the word “Yellowstone”, and include the Y symbol in the center, haha. This is from his Fathers Day gathering yesterday (my parents and two brothers); painting still in progress, haha

C5158A5A-08FC-43C1-91B8-A747376E625B.jpeg

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

5BCABB08-E409-42BB-86D6-2BA78E8AA959.jpeg

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not a single Emmy nod.

23. atlas

Trusted

good

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Trailer for season 5 (yeah this looks great)