Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowstone (Paramount Network) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I think Casey being separated from the Duttons pretty much all season was a mistake. His arc was mostly a bore up until the end. And for all the good that’s happened to him, he seems to want to unravel it unnecessarily.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah to end his season arc basically saying "What will all his visions mean????" was kinda dumb

4. thebloodhound

Regular

Pretty ordinary finale to an ordinary season.
    Only thing of interest to me in the end was Jimmy’s story and I enjoyed his redemption with Rip, Lloyd and John. Prior to this episode, I didn’t care for it at all.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Good episode of 1883 today. Showed how truly treacherous river crossings/fording a river was for settlers back then. Like how they juxtaposed Isabel's piano playing with the settlers finally attempting the crossing at the end

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

1883 was great today; things finally getting serious

dallasc likes this.
  7. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I need to start 1883. I’m not all that motivated for some reason even though it looks great and I love traditional westerns.

8. wendyzls888

I think this is great.

9. wendyzls888

Dawn of the Spider-Man

10. dallasc

Trusted

That ending hit hard,
    Bummer we gotta wait two weeks again for the next one

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

It's very much a different vibe than Yellowstone; a slower one for sure. But a seemingly fairly accurate portrayel of what life must have been like for those Oregon Trailing their way west at that time. Both Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are great in their roles

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah that was pretty tough to see; and with how the show showed us what happens with Elsa later on, it makes seeing all this even more tough

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I thought the episode as a whole was really great with all of this. I knew it was going to end in tragedy because they kept foreshadowing that Elsa would essentially have to see the world for how it really is.

It was tough, but they kept reinforcing the idea that she was too optimistic since her and her immediate family have been relatively unscathed throughout this journey. I feel like this will push this character into a new "mature" direction (for lack of a better term).

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just finished season one and I have so many questions. Most important being are we actually supposed to like any of the Dutton’s? Because they all seem like the worst people walking the face of the earth. Maybe I’m just biased because I have a portion of Native American in me. How are they able to just outright kill whoever they want whenever they want? But really, the only thing I can really think about is what does the ranch do to make money? I know they raise cattle, but are they selling? Meat industry? They’re always practicing rodeo type events but I don’t think they compete. Oh and we are just supposed to be cool with the indentured servitude?

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

From what I remember season 1 was more over the top/dramatic than the following seasons. Season 2 brings it down a notch, with stronger character writing and more interesting plot lines. But your point about being able to kill whoever, without any consequences, continues through every season. It's a complaint I still have, and many others online have pointed out, but it appears we'll just have to live with it.

As for the family's wealth, I haven't worked that out either. Their land itself obviously holds tons of wealth, but it's not liquid, so then their only other income, that I can think of, must be from selling cattle. But their cattle herd doesn't seem that big either, so it can't be providing them that much revenue. So, in reality, we have no idea how the Dutton family is able to pay all their employees and pay their yearly taxes on the land, and I doubt it'll ever get answered

Mrk_Brdshw and Taketimeandfind like this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Totally agree with the first part about not having any consequences. I feel that way about a lot of shows (Ozark, most recently). Tons of people who go near the main characters end up dead and/or missing, and the the most that ever happens is people ask about it once or twice and then quit looking into it. They never think "Gee, there have been like three dozen people who have gone missing recently that are all connected to the Duttons.... Probably isn't anything to that...." It feels like a lot of shows have tried to sort of replicate Breaking Bad in some ways, but they fail to handle everything as delicately or give everything appropriate backlash and fallout before moving on.

Re: the Duttons' wealth. I think the cattle raising and selling is supposed to be the majority of it, but they also make tons of money from "breaking", training and buying/selling horses (I don't know shit about horses, so I could definitely be wrong there). That said, it's still a bit of a mystery because those things wouldn't warrant THAT level of wealth, but who the hell knows.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Crazy how popular this show has become, and I can't imagine how insanely busy Sheridan must be now

"‘Yellowstone’ Renewed for Season 5 at Paramount Network"
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...8cde128a4b3edaafeee19fe3a9ac5aaf38696c24eeca4

"TV Ratings: ‘Yellowstone’ Finale Sets Another Record"
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/tv-ratings-sunday-jan-2-2022-1235070076/

"Taylor Sheridan Sets ‘Yellowstone’ Spinoff, Oil Drama at Paramount+"
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...stone-spinoff-oil-drama-at-paramount-4137845/

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

1883 continuing to be really good this week

dallasc likes this.
  23. dallasc

Trusted

Hoping we start to to make some progress north in the coming weeks, love all the James, Shea and Thomas getting the party out of jams and mixing it up with Bandits stuff

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

25. dallasc

Trusted

What an episode god damn