Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowstone (Paramount Network) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Night Channels, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I agree, this has not been a great season so far. The last couple have episodes are focusing too much on uninteresting arcs.

2. Yea this season is a big step back.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Sunday night's episode was a big nothingburger; just jibber jabber the entire episode. There's simply no reason for Lloyd to go absolute ape shit against Walker, especially fucking stabbing the dude with a knife. Or for Rip to get emotional at the end, even if he did have to fight his "friend" Lloyd. I can see their intent in having the vegan girl and seeing her learn about cowboy ways, but it felt like lazy writing. Maybe Taylor lost his focus writing this season while writing for the new 1883 show

4. Fixed Glitch

The vegan girl v Beth thing was really cringeworthy. Just felt really forced and odd. And is this even going anywhere?

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I think it ended when vegan girl decided to walk home by herself, for some unknown reason????

6. Fixed Glitch

it seems obvious that she will come back into the picture, but I don’t find it interesting at all. I’d hope it was a one-off type of thing, but I doubt it.

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

New trailer for 1883; show looks fucking amazing

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Watched the first two episodes of 1883; pretty good stuff so far. Proper western

9. Fixed Glitch

Haven’t watched 1883, but they sure are plugging the crap out of it on this Yellowstone episode.

I think the last couple episodes have been a little better. Wondering what is next for Casey and his family. All this peacefulness can’t be a good sign according to the normal flow on the show.

10. thebloodhound

Regular

I feel the same with 6666 also.

There are too many half-baked storylines now, it's just a mess

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Full debut episode of 1883, officially posted on Youtube

12. dallasc

Trusted

I dig 1883 so far two eps in, really filling that Red Dead shaped gap for western content in my life

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  13. dallasc

Trusted

Will be neat to see how they continue to intertwine the two series and how much of James/Elsa/John the 1st's later lives we get to see via flashback in Yellowstone going forward

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Last night's episode was pretty good actually

15. Fixed Glitch

I agree it was a much better episode than the rest of the season. Looks like the finale should be entertaining.

16. thebloodhound

Regular

I am still struggling with it but agree this was slightly improved.
    It’s been a spectacular fall from grace

17. Fixed Glitch

There’s way too much going on. It’s clear that someone should have been cut out or killed off as there isn’t room for all this. The whole Summer angle coming into main focus is not good in this overcrowded season.

thebloodhound likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just saw this thread existed and popped in... You guys are reading my mind here. I loved this show, but this season has been a big WTF for me. I do agree that there is way too much going on here - they refuse to close one plot line before they introduce a new one and it makes the whole show just feel bloated with a bunch of unimportant/unearned things. It just ends up meandering back and forth, and it just now feels like it's going somewhere at the end of the season.

Casey can kill or abuse anyone he wants and it has no repercussions, generic business people who we don't care about come in and hand over all control and decision making to Beth despite the fact that she is outwardly hateful to all of them and has a pretty obvious agenda, John and any of the Duttons can just waltz right into any political position they want with little-to-no effort, John can instigate and escalate a robbery into a shootout in a small, crowded diner... And hardly any of this stuff matters or has any consequences.

Yet we spend like four episodes on a conflict between Lloyd and Walker over some relationship drama. It was especially stupid considering the most we ever saw of Lloyd and Laramie (?) was her sitting on his lap in the background of a few scenes. So how are we supposed to be invested in this at all?

Fixed Glitch and Ferrari333SP like this.
  19. atlas

Trusted

The dropped plotlines has been a consistent problem with the entire series. Remember when the what's his name livestock agent killed those two dudes driving them around in the back of the truck, Jamie barely made it go away and then it was never heard from again? Kacey planting a bomb in the Beck brothers' plane?

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It’s definitely been an issue, but the previous seasons at least felt like they were moving in a clear direction so dropped plotlines were a little more forgivable. This season, it feels like nothing BUT pointless plotlines that go nowhere. Like I said, we’re at the finale of the season and it just now feels like it’s not filler.

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Biggest WTF ever for me in this series is Jamie murdering that journalist and absolutely nothing coming of it.

Brent likes this.
  22. Fixed Glitch

The finale had some decent surprises, but nothing that wasn’t at least somewhat telegraphed.

The Market Equities hiring Beth arc was bungled badly. Doesn’t make any sense.

will have to hope that next season gets back on track. There were a few bright spots in this one, but not nearly enough to be on par with the first 3.

23. Fixed Glitch

I still wonder if that will come back around. You would think her wife would have been on a mission after that. Was so obvious.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah you could read Jamie doing what he did a million miles away. But glad storyline is now over with. Yeah the Beth/ME plot didn’t really work. Will be interesting to see how the family fights back against them next season.

That tic that Costner has, where he sticks he tongue into the side of his mouth and moves it a bit, annoys me for whatever reason

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

“We hired you and gave you full decision-making control despite the fact that we’re trying to takeover your family’s entire ranch and you clearly have an opposing agenda and your first move was firing 90% of the staff… I can’t BELIEVE you attempted to sabotage us! Who could have seen that coming?!”

I don’t know why this plot line was even a thing, but I’m glad it’s moving on.

This show is starting to remind me of The Walking Dead and not in a good way. Starts off great but starts meandering after a while, making room for spin-offs. I just hope that unlike that show, they have a trajectory and endgame in mind so it doesn’t just get run into the ground until people hate it.