Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 98

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

That outro is sick. I remember talking to Sean O about it one time while having a beer after a show (not kidding). He said he had written the song and Ryan suggested putting a big outro on it, and it just worked.

I had always hoped they'd put that on a record but I suppose it wouldn't really work. Really cool song regardless and my clear cut favorite from the Big If catalogue.

RoKKeR and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I need to listen to WYTTSY. Every album just takes me back to a specific time in my life. Not many bands can do that for me. I love all their releases in different ways. I'll never forget falling in love with Lights and Sounds. Oh man. All the feels.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

WYTTSY just might be my fav YC album

CoffeeEyes17 and billyboatman like this.
  4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Definitely in my top three along with Lights and Sounds and Southern Air.

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This is so true. Yellowcard has written music that has been a soundtrack to positive, negative, great, awful, trying and wonderful times in my life. It's almost like each record is a time capsule. I can pop it in and be taken right back to the feeling of that time.

I think that's one of the remarkable things about music. Not only does it last forever, but it can instantly take you back somewhere. The feeling in your heart. The weather, the emotions, even the way a certain place looked or felt. It's an incredible experience.

How do you measure the importance of that? How do you look back at a band who's music has been weaved in and out of your life for the past 20 years and say goodbye, knowing that will never happen again?

The only way I've found, so far, is to say thank you. I'm sure eventually, like most things, the sadness will dissipate and I will be able to look at these records and appreciate the trip back in time that they can take me on.

For right now, though, it's still a bit of a stunned feeling of knowing that chapter has closed and been put on the shelf.

6. stayouttamalibu

Yellowcard Verified

Thank you.

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

WYTTSY has a lot of great songs but as an album it feels like, i dont know, just a collection of songs i guess? its odd because i mean thats essentially what all albums are but the songs on WYTTSY dont have quite a rhyme or reason to them like the other YC albums. Maybe thats just me.

On the flipside of that Lift A Sail might actually overtake SA as my favorite YC album and I'm sure I'll be deeply in the minority on that one.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Completely agree with the first point, I like most of the songs on WYTTSY but I feel they have five albums that are decidedly stronger.

CoffeeEyes17 and Smage like this.
  9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Do they need to tho?

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

thank you for everything
    no, not necessarily. it doesnt really detract from it i guess in the grand scheme of things. its still a great album

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the lack of cohesiveness does detract from the album somewhat. There's a reason I don't revisit it much despite, like I said, thinking the songs are mostly great. It feels like a B-sides release in that it doesn't have much flow.

13. RoKKeR

The Fly

Thank you for everything The last show was unforgettable – you guys capped off an incredible career in the best way imaginable.

Way to absolutely shred on Rivertown Blues, btw. Didn't know that made it into the setlist for the last few shows and was absolutely floored by it.

earthlight likes this.
  14. mpflight38

I couldn't have said any of this better myself

earthlight likes this.
  15. abear182

Regular

Some good choices in this video.

16. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This guy might love Yellowcard almost too much, but damn that is one cool medley. Now I really wanna learn the Transmission Home intro.

17. Davjs

Trusted

No Hollywood Died, Back Home or Be The Young? Props for Takedown and RLH though.

Impressive!

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Rough Landing Holly is probably my least favorite single they released.

19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That was awesome.

20. Davjs

Trusted

I'd say One Bedroom is my least favorite. I'd say Rough Landing is maybe one of the best along with Always Summer. The three OA singles are pretty great too.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot about One Bedroom but I don't mind that song. Rough Landing Holly just never clicked with me.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Just because its my least fav doesn't mean I don't like it, I dig One Bedroom a lot :-)

23. Davjs

Trusted

I've been listening to so much YC in the past year or so since we did a top 10 that my list is probably so different. I don't know the order but I'd probably go with:

Hollywood Died
    Awakening
    Rivertown Blues
    Rough Landing Holly
    The Takedown
    Be The Young
    Cut Me Mick
    Lift a Sail
    Back Home
    The Sound of You and Me

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Man I forgot how much of a barn burner record Paper Walls is

RJ Knorr, morken and Davjs like this.
  25. RoKKeR

The Fly

But... the bridge! Those guitar harmonies!

To each their own but I love that song.

Davjs and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.