Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 96

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

"Christmas Lights" is a great Christmas song.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw this band yesterday and because their bassist was ill they had to do Ocean Avenue in full acoustically. I was disappointed not to hear some other favourites like Light Up the Sky, Always Summer, etc, but actually it really a beautiful performance and it's so much better than them cancelling.

poppunkpotato likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

Oh no, that's a bummer. Did they do an encore of other songs for you at least?

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Nope, which sucked. But if the alternative was no show, it's better than nothing I guess haha. Plus it was actually really fucking good, I could never tire of those songs.

5. Davjs Dec 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

Oh yeah, I don't doubt it was awesome but the usual show is like 23 tracks, so that sucks you were shorted and they didn't do something special like bust out some other ones for an encore. It's not like they dont have 7 other cds to pull from or this isn't their last tour ever...

6. Davjs

Trusted

Put together a music video to What Appears as sort of a farewell.

YouOnlyLukeOnce and Scoob like this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

the prechorus to you and me and one spotlight is probably one of the best musical moments in their discog

FTank likes this.
  8. ale5875

Regular

I've never liked that song very much to be honest. I find it pretty boring.

9. devenstonow

Noobie

I agree with this for most of the song, but the "go put on your best tonight..." part is just so good

10. Just discovered the date that they rescheduled for AZ is also the date that A Wilhelm Scream is here. I've got tickets to both. Fuck.

11. YCfaninAZ

Now that the dust has settled a bit, how do you guys like self-titled.

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually haven't listened to it in a while. It ended up feeling like a disjointed effort for me, even though I like the songs quite a lot.

13. Haven't listened in a little bit but I'm pretty sure I still like it a lot. I see myself coming back to it most during late summer/early fall.

14. pbueddi

Trusted

honestly, the only songs that i have come back to on it are empty street and fields & fences. those are really great songs. the rest of the album just didn't do a whole lot for me, but i appreciate it for what it is and what it represents.

15. ale5875

Regular

It will never be my favourite YC record, but it's still a very solid release. Some songs are among their finest, and it's surely a great way to say goodbye. Bummed I didn't get to hear it live.

16. It is my favorite YC album, tied with Lift A Sail. A perfect way to go out.

17. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I still have small hope that they decide to add a couple more shows. I just want to see them again one last time

I am in the same boat. Big fan and bummed I never got to experience them live.

18. ale5875

Regular

I was lucky enough to catch them live three times, but unfortunately the last time was the Birmingham date when Josh got hospitalised and they had to do an Ocean Avenue acoustic emergency set instead of the full show. I mean, it was great nonetheless, but you know...

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. My best friend was at that show and loved it, but he wasn't very familiar with Yelloward yet haha.

20. josephcissell

Regular

So I went to play through Ocean Avenue today on Spotify for the first time in a while and OA the song wasn’t available for me for some reason. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

21. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Well today is the last show. Bring on the water works.

22. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Damn, this is it. This band means so much to me.

Contender likes this.
  23. Went to the show a couple of nights ago and it was just straight fire. Seemed like they'd added some extra songs into their set that I wanted to see that weren't there before, so that was a nice surprise. It hadn't truly felt over and done with since I was still anticipating that show, but now that it's passed it's really hitting me.

24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they would have passed near me on this tour. Only time I've seen them was when they came back together after they released IYTTSY. They weren't even headlining.

25. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Wrote a little something on the band. Writing about things I love usually comes so natural, but this was hard. It's hard to fully describe what this band has meant to me over the years but hope you enjoy.

As I am typing this, Yellowcard is getting prepared for the end. Today is March 25, 2017 and it is the last show Yellowcard will perform as a band. The pop punk group from Jacksonville is hanging it up after nearly 20 years of music.

I am not ready to say goodbye.

Like most people, I first heard Yellowcard around the time “Ocean Avenue” was released. Thanks to the hit single “Way Away,” “Only One,” and the I was a casual fan. I would listen to the big singles from “Ocean Avenue” to “Paper Walls” and that was about it besides a love for the song “Fighting.

Around 2009, I started to listen to a few more of their songs here and there. Then in 2011, I started to fall in love with the band even more. This came around the time “When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes” was released.

Since then, Yellowcard has climbed their way up in my favorite band list. By the time “Southern Air” was announced in 2012, they had made it all the way up to number two, behind Relient k.

Sadly, I only got to see this band once and it was only a Warped Tour set. The silver lining is that I did get to see them one time before they ended at least. Because the band means so much, their set is one of my favorite performances of all time. I may have cried for a lot of it, especially during “Ocean Avenue,” but it was such a fun time. I crowd surfed and participated in a circle pit for the first time during that set.

It bums me out that most people only know the band as the pop punk band that had the violin with a few hit songs. There is so much about the band that is bigger than just “Ocean Avenue.” In my opinion, the band did not have a single bad record released from “Ocean Avenue” to “Yellowcard.” The band wrote incredible songs that never got as much recognition as they should have. “With You Around” should have been one of the band’s biggest mainstream hits. There’s more to “Lights and Sounds” than just the title track. The album has some of their darkest and strongest lyrical content in their discography.

Now they are ending the career and I have to say goodbye. Goodbye to that pop punk band with the violin. Goodbye to the band that captured the feeling of summer. Goodbye to the first band that I preordered an album to get exclusive merch. More importantly, goodbye to a band that helped me in two of the worst periods of my life. “Southern Air” and “Lift a Sail” are incredible records but they mean even more to me since they both came out right before rough times and those were two records that helped me get through it.

I just want to say thank you to everyone that has been involved with Yellowcard. Because of them, I used the band’s music to help me grow and mature as a person. As my emotions will hit me today I will just remember to be strong and believe. Believe that this band's music will always be home and I will never be alone.

Thank you Yellowcard.