Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm getting really excited for new music from them. All the little clips Mendez has posted on snapchat have sounded pretty cool. And I'm excited for lots of strings.

2. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I'm excited to hear the finished versions and hear the album. I feel like I'm one of the few who liked Lift a Sail. I feel like it has some of their strongest work. Especially Illuminate

AelNire likes this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I love Lift a Sail. MSK hits me hard in the feels everytime.

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Lift A Sail is tied with Southern Air as my favorite YC release(s). Both are incredible in their own aspects.

5. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I love Lift A Sail, but there's not an album of theirs I dislike. I haven't seen them since before it came out though so I hope they don't abandon those songs live (since people did react kind of negatively to it...)

My sister was touring colleges so we told our mom that we had to stay an extra day for more tour stuff when we really drove an hour away from the school to go this. Still one of my favorite concerts/concert memories ever.

AelNire likes this.
  6. Scoob

Regular

There's another conversation where Mendez confirms everything's in Drop C again.

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Why do you make me so?

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Lift a Sail is such a great album when listened as a whole. I find myself enjoying it more when I listen to it front to back.

9. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Glad more on here liked it. I go back and forth with Lift a Sail, Southern Air, and Paper Walls as my favorites.

10. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

So, the eighth Yellowcard album is finished and ready for the mixing. Ryan Key also wrote on Twitter a few days ago that Will Pugh from Cartel contributed guest vocals on a song. I'm so excited for this record, surely my most anticipated.

Peachfuzz, Penguin, AelNire and 4 others like this.
  11. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I am excited to hear the songs! This is the first time since 2003 that all three of my favorite bands have put out a new album of original music so thank you Relient k and blink-182 for also putting out new music this year!

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Spent some time with Ocean Avenue over the weekend. It had been a while, and shit does it still hold up pretty well! As much as they got lumped in with the early 2000s "pop-punk" thing, I always forget they had more No Use For A Name (i.e., EpiFat) in their sound than most of their peers... That was tempered really well with solid pop-rock chops.

Going to be digging into/revisiting their complete discography from start to finish sometime soon as a result. Really looking forward to new music from them!

13. GetUpAndrew

Can't wait for them to drop a single. Maybe July/August?

14. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

wonder if they're gonna get this out by the end of the year i'd love to have a new YC record before 2017!

AelNire likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'm sure it'll be out this year. Shocked we haven't got it sooner tbh.

Souther Air is the best

Penguin likes this.
  16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

that chorus of With You Around still takes me to another universe tho

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

"Truth is the world's gonna spin with or without you again and again." Is still one of my favorite lyrics of all time.

18. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

I'm with you on this. Not my favorite, but quite a solid record with some of their best songs (Illuminate, Lift a Sail, The Deepest Well, ...). Sad there seems to be only 10 songs on the new one, but WYTTSY and Southern Air have 10 and are so, so great.
    Your post reminded me of this:

AndrewSoup likes this.
  19. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Only ten songs?? Have they posted a track listing already?

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Probably right before/during Warped Tour

Scoob and GetUpAndrew like this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah how do we know that?

Peachfuzz likes this.
  22. GetUpAndrew

And the Yellowcard rendition of Ready&Willing is brilliant.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It will probably be an August release like Southern Air was.

24. cbronder1

Regular

Yellowcard is back on Hopeless right? Can't remember if I dreamed of that somewhere or if it really happened haha.

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ryan posted the song board with each individual part from the studio (guitars, vocals, percussion, strings, etc) without the titles, and there were 10 on there.

Didn't they finish recording Southern Air a lot earlier than May, though? I believe Lift a Sail was completed around a similar timeline, I remember Neal Avron tweeting something toward the middle of May when the record was fully mixed, and we didn't get that record until October.