Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 202

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I never understood the complaints about this record.

danielm123 likes this.
  2. drummerAVA

Trusted

My take... they zigged (made a darker, more ambitious record) when people thought they should've zagged (making Ocean Ave. pt 2).

3. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

Lights and Sounds is and has always been my favorite Yellowcard record

sammyboy516, Maverick and earthlight like this.
  4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Wow

5. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I was hoping he's do something funny when he sings "grooooooound", and he definitely delivered :crylaugh:

6. earthlight Jan 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2021)
    earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The worst one I heard was that Ryan's vocals were lazy. It's just a different emotional record for me - slower paced, more emotional. I think he captured it perfectly. I love this album more and more as time goes on.

.K. and danielm123 like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I get there was a different, maybe darker tone to the album, but it still sounded like Yellowcard.
    Glad they just didn’t try and make Ocean Ave 2 and just stunt their momentum as a band.

8. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

???
    Lights and sounds stunted almost all the momentum they had as a band.

irthesteve and Jusscali like this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I meant as writer’s. So often bands try and replicate theirs hits and the stress and pressure of trying to write Ocean Ave 2, and Ocean Ave 3 and so on could just have a band call it quits early.

Yes, they did lose some of their “MTV popularity momentum”, but in terms of the quality of their future albums, maybe they had to continue the momentum of writing what they they wanted and not compromise if that makes sense.

Pepetito, slimfenix182 and earthlight like this.
  10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

That's fair and very possible IMO.

11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Best one of these so far:

Yellowcard2006 and irthesteve like this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

For You and Your Denial broke AP when it was released 10 years ago today. Ten (10) years ago.

13. BlackwingE

Trusted

A strong comeback song indeed. I miss this band.

.K. likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was ten years ago? Christ.

RyanPm40 and Pepetito like this.
  15. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I know right.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If you going to comeback, you might as well comeback with one of the most Yellowcard sounding sounds you’ve written.

BlackwingE, pbueddi and Pepetito like this.
  17. ItsJoe

Joe

Had they made an Ocean Avenue pt.2 would they have continued on the up and up?

18. BenSmith94

Trusted

No. they would have just become New Found Glory.

19. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Up and up?

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

As a fan:

Wish this band was still around. Wish they didn’t lose time because of a hiatus. Wish they could have done the last few records with LP. Wish they would leak out they could share the version of Here I Am Alive with Pat from FOB now that they are over.

I get there is a reason why each of these things didn’t happen. They made a lot of great meaningful music that stands up and gets regular listens from me. One of my favourites.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Would really enjoy some represses on vinyl. I only have When You’re Through Thinking and Yellowcard.

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Looking for an update on this. Don’t be shy, leak the track

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been saying leak it for years. The Southern Air version sounds great, but hearing Patrick and Ryan do a song together just seems so right.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

?

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The Here I Am Alive version with Patrick of FOB and Yellowcard (which they wrote together).

They couldn’t get permission to release the version with Patrick so they did a version with Taylor on Southern Air.

Anyway, leak it. I wanna hear it. Ryan and Patrick combo would be nice.

David Parke likes this.