Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 198

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Would be willing to bet there are restrictions preventing it, likely stemming from the same issues that prevented it from being released in the first place

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

A leak could be from a “random” source. Lots of bands have had tracks leak at strange times. Also, if it’s a leak, there is no suing anyone because there are no profits if the source is unknown.

David Parke and RJ Knorr like this.
  3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Something tells me they would only release it if they could profit.

Ruston and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe, but if that can never happen win please old fans, make new fans and win people over.

5. BenSmith94

Trusted

I already have Lights and Sounds on vinyl, hope it's Ocean Ave getting the re-press.

tyler2tall likes this.
  6. pbueddi

Trusted

I have Paper Walls. Would love the first 2 as well.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Happy 8th Birthday to Southern Air!

AlwaysEvolving21 and pbueddi like this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I need Southern Air and L&S. I don’t really care to have OA, anything before it, or S/T.

I do have Paper Walls, Lift a Sail, and WYTTSY. Would love a pressing of WYTTSY Acoustic on vinyl too.

earthlight likes this.
  10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I feel very in touch with the universe right now

smowashere likes this.
  11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Now do this for Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin.

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I have the box set stretching from The Underdog EP-WYTTSY and averages for that on discogs are insane. I never liked the quality of the OA, L&S, and PW pressings though.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I have it too. How much does it go for?

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Was shuffling YC on Spotify and this track came up. Haven’t heard it in a long time. Good stuff.

MRose24, pbueddi, Kyle Max and 2 others like this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

I think she has been working on a new album!

17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

“Wrecking Ball” is so damn good.

joe.boy.fresh. and danielm123 like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

19. trevorshmevor Aug 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2020)
    If you’re like me and are just looking for that hot goss, the part about former members (himself included) getting kicked out starts around 31:20 and goes for a little over 20 minutes

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Sounds like Ryan had a really bad case of lead singer syndrome

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That was a good listen. Ben sounds like he's in a good place and on the grind. Crazy that the Takeover thing is still happening too.

I hope Mike gets LP or Ryan...or both ....to come and talk about stuff that happened. Even outside of the band drama it would be cool to hear Ryan's perspective on the band's timeline.

22. shea

RIP Supporter

He's not really saying a whole lot specifically, which I understand, but a lot of this seems confirm rumors I've heard over the years.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone want to post a summary of his thoughts?

RyanPm40 and smowashere like this.
  24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Basically he left after he recorded his parts in Lights and Sounds to go on Warped with Takover Records. When Warped came through Southern California, Ryan told Ben there was an emergency band meeting. At the meeting they told Ben he had to quit to focus on Takeover Records. He said “I’m not quitting my band” or something like that. They worked with their manager and gave Ben notice that he had to meet conditions to stay in the band including:

1. Learn all your parts
    2. End Takeover Records
    3. Go to therapy so “we know you’re not crazy”

He was offended by that and said screw you guys.

25. Heh. Some revisionist history there as one of the people Ben called the moment that meeting ended. I was getting out of a college class and remember it pretty clearly.