Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 197

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. danielm123

Trusted

Don't know how much this helps their reputation at this point, but I'm glad this happened. As I've said here before, I thought they had a case, but ultimately the lawsuit was silly from my perspective and just seemed really callous after Juice WRLD's death

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Good move on them.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

A change of mind is almost always a good thing and this time it is a great thing. Definitely a good move.

I feel like I can listen to the song now without being incredibly pissed about the whole thing. I also thoroughly enjoy Juice WRLD's last album.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. RyanPm40 Jul 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Their attorney says they still maintain their right to re-file the lawsuit and that the band just needs additional time to weigh out their options, so I can't say I'm exactly rushing to praise them heh

Disappointing to me that the mother taking over is the straw that broke the camel's back, they had a million other reasons not to continue pursuing this lawsuit. They've lost a ton of respect from me that I cannot see them gaining back. I'll still look back on their music fondly, but, eh.

sawhney[rusted]2 and jorbjorb like this.
  5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s great that they dropped the suit and feel bad about continuing with it, but let’s not pat them on the back (not saying any of you are) for stopping something they never should have done in the first place. They only stopped the suit because of the backlash.

6. SPine

Trusted

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

I was thinking yesterday, how damn good this band were about writing album closers.

.K. likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

God I miss this band so much. A new album from them would be a true godsend right now.

BlackwingE and .K. like this.
  9. BenSmith94

Trusted

I'm pretty happy with how they ended it tbh. I don't feel like I need more from them, or that the final album was unfulfilling in any way.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I mean I totally agree. My desire for a new record from them is completely biased and selfish haha. I’m glad it ended the way that it did, and I was so glad to be there for the final tour and show.

BenSmith94 likes this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Southern Air is almost 8 years old

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Ruston and earthlight like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they were still around. It was nice for them to go out with an album and tour though, and not just announce a sudden break up. But I could still go for more Yellowcard records. I listen to their music quite often.

earthlight likes this.
  14. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I still listen to the post hiatus records minus lift a sail all the time

Ruston likes this.
  15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

boooooo!!

kidddinggg

16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I still like Lights and Sounds more than Lift a Sail even after all of these years, but I love them both.

danielm123 likes this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

What I selfishly would love to see is what direction this band would go in nowadays, hitting their stride with more of the mid-tempo rock songs and giving themselves some room to expand on their talents while working in some of the ambient/atmospheric elements that Ryan Key and Mendez have started to dive into. I absolutely loved songs like Fragile & Dear, A Place We Set Afire, Empty Street, etc.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I see your face in every PUNCH I taaaaake.

Scoob, earthlight and Maverick like this.
  19. r0m4n44

I agree so much. Fragile & Dear is a hidden gem on Lift a Sail. Also loved The Hurt Is Gone on the last album.

earthlight likes this.
  20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It felt like they were reaaalllly hitting their stride with those songs and starting to expand on some new elements. I really loved Wrecking Ball from their final album too, they did really well venturing into that folksy vibe.

Man their next album is gonna be sick, huh? :crylaugh:

On a more serious note, hoping for some vinyl repressings one of these days. I have a collection to complete.

r0m4n44, Crisp X and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. pbueddi

Trusted

I saw something on vinylcollective last week that hinted at one of the albums getting a repress. Ocean Avenue maybe?

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Someone commented on this post asking about OA and L&S getting a vinyl repress and Ryan responded with a winking emoji so I would guess that's coming.

earthlight and pbueddi like this.
  23. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I would love to get OA and PW on vinyl. Wish I bought the boxset back when I came out. Only have OFTK, L&S, WYTTSY

earthlight likes this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Dont be shy, release the Here I Am Alive version that was originally recorded with Patrick Stump

r0m4n44, Ruston, BenSmith94 and 5 others like this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Been saying it for years now. Just let it leak out there. No real good reason to just let it sit in the metaphoric vault. The final version turned out well, but Patrick and YC writing and recording this song just screams release me.

David Parke and earthlight like this.