Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 190

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Hands down

2. BenSmith94

Trusted

The Dashboard thread is --------------> thataway

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Smh

4. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I was under the impression that was one of the more well liked songs from that album

5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's my least favorite on the album, but I still love it.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Was just looking up what some of the members were up to these days, discovered Sean Mackin is doing composing now.

MT. Manuscript Productions.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I tried doing a worst song list but it basically just was me saying "I like this song a lot, it's just probably my least favorite" for every album so I gave up. I like pretty much all of their stuff.

trevorshmevor and danielm123 like this.
  8. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I had the same problem, but I guess you could argue that's the opposite of a problem, heh

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  9. Just listened to Midget Tossing and Where We Stand for the first time in a decade. That was... something

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

:hearno:

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

“Fragile and Dear” is so good.

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Don't @ me but I gave Lift a Sail another chance after 6 years and I think it's a pretty solid album.

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I love "Fragile and Dear" and a few other songs but I just cannot vibe with so many parts of the album. So many times throughout the album I find myself saying "Why does this song do that?". The chorus of Transmission Home is an example - I felt like that song could've exploded but it just never does. I love the desire to branch out and be different but for me personally, it just doesn't necessarily work. I listen to this album the least out of all of their discography probably.

14. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I get that. Admittedly I’m a casual Yellowcard listener at best. My sister was really into Ocean Avenue when it came out and I was kinda meh on it, but I really reallllly love Lights and Sounds when it came out. Each subsequent release I gave a shot and never ended up going back to them. And then every once in a while I’ll play one to see if they click. So far the only ones to re-click with me have been Southern Air and now Lift a Sail.

earthlight likes this.
  15. Lift a Sail is so damn good.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Damn now I know the weed comment was directed at me :crylaugh:

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. supernovagirl likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

19. supernovagirl

Okay wtf

ever since y’all said gifts and curses wasn’t on Spotify I was like ok I mean I guess the album isn’t on Spotify that makes sense it’s a soundtrack for a movie many years old

but no! The album is on there! Gifts and curses is just grayed out?!?
    So my question is who’s fault is this and who can we campaign to get it changed

m9tt and irthesteve like this.
  20. supernovagirl

Related, that soundtrack was a fuckin bop

Spider-Man 2 had no right to go so hard

m9tt, Maverick and irthesteve like this.
  21. Spider-Man 2 might legitimately have the best soundtrack of all time.

Original Twilight soundtrack is up there as well (Caught Myself by Paramore? Absolutely a fucking hitter)

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I'd still say Paper Walls is my favorite but Lift A Sail is the only Yellowcard album where I don't skip a single track

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. tomtom94

Trusted

I miss those movie soundtrack albums that just consisted of bangers by awesome bands. I say I miss them, they might still be happening but I have a feeling that's not the case?

24. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

Paper Walls is a perfect album if you drop Dear Bobby

fran.182 likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Paper Walls would be perfect if it dropped one of the slow songs at the end, only because of pacing, not because of the quality of the music. I adore Dear Bobbie

smowashere likes this.