Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 183

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know why people care so much. Band has the right to file the claim. The verdict will determine the legitimacy of that claim.

I am actually glad it wasn’t Yellowcard being accused. It’s unfortunate that someone lost their life, but the lawsuit wasn’t the cause of Juiceworld’s death. The lawsuit number was higher than I would have guessed, but that doesn’t mean a judge can’t award them a win for a lesser value.

Jusscali likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If those four guys were out in the media, talking trash about the guy calling him a rip off artist I’d get the negative feedback.

The former members of Yellowcard filed a proper lawsuit, and it was the press that brought it to our attention. It’s an interesting news story, and as a music fan, it’s cool to discuss your thoughts with others and what your head.

As a touring artist, real Ryan fans will support him. Maybe if he makes some money off this lawsuit he’ll funnel that into his album production or touring budget to hit more venues.

Honestly, I’d be more disappointed if Yellowcard stole from someone else. And if those former members of Yellowcard lose, they could be paying legal fees (possibly on sides). They must have felt confident enough to go ahead with this.

I can see how Juiceworld fans may not like hearing one of their favourite artists sampled or stole a melody without permission, but I am sure the unfortunate news of his his death supersedes this lawsuit story.

3. BenSmith94

Trusted

Haven't shared this in here before, but got this done after their farewell tour.

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Pretty cool.

5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Happens to even the best of them - there's a reason The Rolling Stones - "Anybody Seen My Baby" credits K.D. Lang. Think it was one Keith Richard's kids who heard an early recording and was like, "uhhh, you guys know this is Constant Craving, right?"

Also in regards to Yellowcard / Juice WRLD - the first thing I think of is Genie In a Bottle

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It definitely has and will continue to happen. Some bands even do stuff as a tribute to their influences and bands let slide. There are some really interesting comparison videos on YouTube of huge selling artists.

I do think the original artists have a variety of courses of action that should be considered acceptable though. And, you don’t want everyone running wild with lawsuits, but protecting original content has its own value.

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ronnie Radke is talking about Yellowcard again. Fun times.

8. I’m sure somewhere at all times a dumb piece of shit is doing something dumb. Who cares.

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

For You, and Your Denial was released nine years ago today.

pbueddi and Scoob like this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

I was in college, walking around campus listening to it on my ipod (which I still have).

earthlight likes this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

still like the inspiration for that song

earthlight likes this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Missing this band a lot recently

.K. likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wish there was still new Yellowcard too.

I feel like this would be a good time for them to finally leak “Here I Am Alive” with Patrick from Fall Out Boy.

earthlight, pbueddi and RJ Knorr like this.
  14. BenSmith94

Trusted

Listened to Southern Air and Always Summer during a workout on Thursday and then Paper Walls during a run on Friday. That there fucking slaps.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I threw together a quick playlist of Southern Air and All Time Low's new album for my run yesterday. It was great.

pbueddi likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Yellowcard records are fantastic.

Not sure where WRK was in working on his solo album but I am looking forward to it. Enjoyed the EP’s and I’m hoping he brings some YC energy mixed in on some songs as well for full length so there is a nice balance.

I really do think someone needs to message him about that Here I Am Alive though in Twitter or Instagram or something. Seems like a fitting time.

pbueddi likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

As he done any livestreams recently? If not, he should.

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I haven't heard anything from him about new music at all. It seems like that has been tabled for now. He's been releasing new podcast episodes for the Star Wars venture but I haven't seen anything from him regarding new music in several months.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Paper Walls is still my number 1. Southern Air took over Lift A Sail in my 2 spot recently, so thats cool.

.K., pbueddi and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  20. Maverick

Trusted

I still consider The Sound Of You And Me one of my favorite songs of the last decade.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This band has so many favourite songs of mine. Sounds of summer and road trips.

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That opening stretch of sound of you and me / for you and your denial / with you around is so good. 3 of their best songs is one hell of a way to start a reunion album.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Out of the gate full charged.

24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Same here

25. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Southern Air is a great album to run/lift to.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.